I need a DEAD O/S Bi-Xenon Headlight.....

carlcall

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
As the title really....I purchased an OEM set of Bi-Xenons for not a bad price but I need a dead/destroyed O/S Bi-Xenon headlight for the wiring out of it as the wiring in one of them has become brittle.

P1010488

carl, have you had a trawl through gumtree yet, sometimes a lot of similar kit can be sourced from it, not gaurenteed but worth a shot.
good luck .

Already tried Rob.....I've even tried emailing breakers on eBay that have front end damaged B7's in the hope that they may have one, but the ones that had damaged Xenons no longer have the cars

oh well, one will turn up shortly I expect, its sod's law that when you want one there's nothing to be found , as soon as you stop looking half a dozen suddenly come out of the woodwork.

good luck with your searching carl.

rob

I know Rob....there were loads of perfect units on last week when I didn't need one and the thing that's peeves me off the most is that some of them went for £80.

All sorted now.....

After getting a refund on the Bi-Xenon with deteriorated wiring and being able to keep the unit also.....I've decided that I'm going to make my own harness for it!

With new pins and automotive thin walled cable it's going to cost roughly £15 to fully repair it and I'll have enough bit's to do the other also.....so call it £7.50 and a few hours work for a fully functioning OEM Bi-Xenon BARGAIN!

that's handy carl, two birds one stone comes to mind , glad it's all good to go now.

rob

The wiring I need is for non adaptive Trups and the original was so brittle you only have to look at it and it falls apart