i might have a turbo problem?i need some help

97_A4_1.8Turbo

Reaction score
i have notice a while ago that after i drive for a while it seems that my turbo heats up and slightly glow red in the section where it connects to the catconverter.
does any one know wat the problem is???

If its glowing under normal driving, the cat is probably blocked. Either rip it out and chuck in a test pie, or replace,depending what you smog laws are there

vag com and check your timing and A/F ratios.
if you cat was blocked it would effect others things as well.

does it drive OK?

Is your fuel pump up to the job? If not, you might be running higher than normal EGT's.

ive got the EXACT same problem!! i cant say if i lost or losing power because ive just replaced loads of pipes and clips and a new 710n bov. so im at the mo runing at 8-9psi and my turbo glows slightly it also smells of hot metal in the car. and when i increase the psi on manual boost controller the twhole tubo glowed red and the thuds at 3k revs and judders and wont let me past 3k!!!!!

Byzan A4 said:
If its glowing under normal driving, the cat is probably blocked. Either rip it out and chuck in a test pie, or replace,depending what you smog laws are there

A test pie? LOL......just pictured someone trying to work out where to put it!

did some looking else where and it prob is the CAT blocked and you may need a new DV why your at it, take the O2 sensor out and see if the boost goes up.

how do i make it so that the check engine light wont go on faulting low pressure in the cat?
becuse i put a testpipe in (decated it)