I may have found my next car?

don't like the back end and i'm not a fan of lexus. Autocar are running one as a long termer.

Had about a 40min test drive,, don't think I endeared myself to the salesrep when I said it looked like the EVO 6 I used to own...!! He seemed a little more tense when mentioning, "that was 150 you were doing",,, and just plain grumpy when I got the tyres squeeling......:beee:

But,,,, it is a great car!

Found this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oO9_9xdwWWc

It generally gets good reviews, Top Gear mag have done a couple of articles on it recently and they seem to rate it quite highly. I saw one at the Motorshow and while it looks nice I found it a bit.... well bland maybe. And one thing, which is very minor, but would annoy me constantly, and petty or otherwise, possibly stop me buying one - is the exhaust tips! It has 4 chrome pipes out the back but they are all false :wtf:

Personally I would pick an RS4 or a C63 AMG anyday - but that's just me. And I might feel very different if I were lucky enough to drive one!

Are you sure they are all false...?? Funny you should mention the exhausts, I did ask if they could be painted black, they just look too OTT.

I'm surprised the guy didn't just say, why don't you f**k off and buy an RS4...:laugh:

The exhausts tips are indeed false - they're not even connected to the mufflers!

08.lexus.is.f.det.7.500.jpg

Something about that just reeks considering that Lexus is trying to establish credibility in this market.

nice cars but not quite as good as the rivals plus the residuals will be shocking.

I would go for the 4dr M3 with SMG which is £1500 cheaper than the 2dr.

It will be a good track car JPO, though for a few grand more, I'm sure you can get yourself a Nissan GTR!

OK, maybe a bit more than a few grand....

its supposed to be the replacement for the Supra, which incidentally was sold through Lexus dealerships.
If it's anything like a Supra then it will be awesome.

Sorry I am totally wrong, its not the IS-F it was the LF-A i was thinking of

[ytv]vSRbpNdCTUg[/ytv]

OMG that's shocking about the exhausts!!!

Still, rather than paint them black, I could just have them removed altogether. Think positive now.

Not bothered about residuals As I'll contract hire it. IF I get it.

I was thinking that Jojo,,,, but then again without 4 wheel drive, and my **** driving, it might be a one way trip to the first barrier.....!!

The IS-F isn't the only car to have "fake" exhausts - the Mazda 6 MPS got there first!

EVO Magazine liked the IS-F a lot, but I think it's just a development exercise for Lexus. They've re-written the rule book on customer satisfaction and reliability and this car is just to see if they could produce a decent sports saloon.