I love my S3

ron burgandy

Reaction score
IMG 2676
i bought my 2010 S3 brand new from Audi, in brilliant red S tronic sport back.
46 000 and 6 1/2 years later I still love it to bits, I can go camping in it, I can get the dog in it commute to work it basically does everything.
I can't see myself selling it ever. I might have rose tinited glasses but I think it looks great from every angle it's bulky with a nod to the 80's sports cars like the lancia delta integrale etc.
Plus it's sooo quick compared to a lot of cars on the road.
Just saying

Who else has owned there from new? And who had there's the longest, and who else has no plans to sell there's?

Reactions: Essflee, -Ju-, Hp_S3 and 4 others
I have had mine from March 2007 and just been out for a spin today. No plans to sell it, just thinking what is the next worthwhile modification!

Reactions: S3Alex and S.
July 2008 here.....no plans to sell,but can't imagine anyone would want the old beast now anyway!

Wish I could have afforded one when it was new been one of my favourite cars and finally bought a 2010 3 door in Feb with 39k on the clock

Reactions: Raiden
Really can't wait til I get one. Might have to wait for a while yet due to my age and insurance but a car that I definitely want to experience (and a Mk5 GTI!). Seems like the perfect blend of speed and looks unlike today's hot hatches which are stupidly fast.
I just hope it doesn't get outdated in the next few years.

View attachment 128144 i bought my 2010 S3 brand new from Audi, in brilliant red S tronic sport back.
46 000 and 6 1/2 years later I still love it to bits, I can go camping in it, I can get the dog in it commute to work it basically does everything.
I can't see myself selling it ever. I might have rose tinited glasses but I think it looks great from every angle it's bulky with a nod to the 80's sports cars like the lancia delta integrale etc.
Plus it's sooo quick compared to a lot of cars on the road.
Just saying

Who else has owned there from new? And who had there's the longest, and who else has no plans to sell there's?
I was thinking the same the other day.
I'm happy with it, still in love with it and i don't see why should i sell it. It does everything for me. It still looks good, and it's fast. In few days it will be 8 years from delivery, with 77k kms and still it doesn't look dated. Had few issues lately but i would probably have issues with any other car that's 8 years old and running 100+ bhp more for 40-50k kms.
Since fixing the gearbox i just enjoy it so much more and love how it goes.

Reactions: HHS3 and S3Alex
Really can't wait til I get one. Might have to wait for a while yet due to my age and insurance but a car that I definitely want to experience (and a Mk5 GTI!). Seems like the perfect blend of speed and looks unlike today's hot hatches which are stupidly fast.
I just hope it doesn't get outdated in the next few years.

With a little extra cash it can be faster than today's current breed of hot hatches.
My son has had 2x Golf 7R and now has a TTS which has the CDL S3 engine. He totally prefers the engine characteristics of the TFSI engine, so much so that the TTS appears to be a keeper whereas the Rs were gone within 7K miles.
The platform will become more outdated and we noticed at GTI international last weekend the retailers were pushing the newer MQB platform products. However, it is up to people like us to keep it alive.

Reactions: S3Alex
I got mine in September 2008, started modding it in July 2009 and it's still going strong now with 109k on the clock :sunglasses:

Admittedly I am looking at the RS3 at the moment, if mine had the s-tronic box I'd keep it no problem. Decisions decisions...

I got mine in September 2008, started modding it in July 2009 and it's still going strong now with 109k on the clock :sunglasses:

Admittedly I am looking at the RS3 at the moment, if mine had the s-tronic box I'd keep it no problem. Decisions decisions...

One answer to that.

DQ500
Lol

Last edited:
Hahaha, don't start me Alex, I did speak to Storm about it, I will have to get an idea of the cost and then see how that works out against scratching the RS itch as well.

Lol

You could always convert a manual RS and scratch both at the same time ....

Reactions: HHS3 and S.
I'm also a massive fan of the S3, I've owned mine for two years now, it's got 63K on the clock and I fell down the slippery slope of modifying it early last year. I'm currently at stage 2 and will be going stage 2+ next year sometime hopefully of which I plan on keeping it for at least another 5 years as it exceeds all of my needs in every way! Give it a few years and I may even go down the TTE420/480 route but that is a very long way off indeed.

Everyone who I've taken for a spin have either got out loving it or absolutely terrified which I'm happy with :racer:

What can you get for the money? Nothing really that ticks all the boxes.

Keeping looking at the MK7 Golf R and the new Focus RS but for what they cost there not much quicker.

The S3 is a nice place to sit when cruising the streets

I ******* love mine.

3 months into ownership.

Just picked up my S3 today, 2008 ice silver. Lost my A3 which I loved, had a few mods but was reversed into in the works car park, insurance write off. Loved the A3 but the S3 is a totally different beast, only driven a few hours today but really surprised at the difference.
Luckily I managed to retrieve a few bits like the bluefin map, gfb dv+ which will be going straight on providing no problems appear in the next few months. Also need to renew my forum pic!
:D

Reactions: HHS3