Facelift I love my A3, but...

davemk

Reaction score
... it's a pain to clean!!

When you wash it, it becomes much more obvious how many creases, lines and 'nooks and crannies' there are. Having previously owned a black A3, I'm used to washing the car with the lightest of touch, so I find that I have to go back over some of the creases.

The rear lights have a 'groove' in them where dirt seems to collect, so you've really got to get the mitt in there.

The bumpers have lots of small recesses, which are fiddly to clean.

And don't get me started on the 10 spokes! :D

Anyone else noticed this??

:D :D

When you wash it, it becomes much more obvious how many creases, lines and 'nooks and crannies' there are. Having previously owned a black A3, I'm used to washing the car with the lightest of touch, so I find that I have to go back over some of the creases.

The rear lights have a 'groove' in them where dirt seems to collect, so you've really got to get the mitt in there.

Nothing wrong with that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: lucaslfc
Use snow foam, it will get all the dirt out of every crevice.

I do use snow foam (it was a 'must-have' with a black car :) ) and it helps but not enough :D

Lol bit of hard graft cleanin the pride an joy never killed nobody matey. Just Spent most of the day doin mine lol
Enjoy :)

Haha... true. Must admit, I was cleaning the wash kit away and the Daytona looked stunning in the gloomy grey light; the different shades and hues really come to life. It's a lovely colour.

Reactions: lucaslfc
Takes me 3 days when I do it properly, neighbours think Im mental !

Reactions: RS3 S., lucaslfc and Jassyo06
Stick it in a car wash! lifes too short..... having said this I do have a Monsoon A3 which is super easy to maintain....

When I can't be bothered there is a team of gentlemen from the continent down the road who'll power wash / snow foam / scrubb with a mit and rinse for £3 while I sit and waste time with social media. Its such a nuisance when they ask me to roll it forward a few inches to get the other side of the wheel spokes.

Reactions: Pook, Bellasdad and Audi Bairn
When I can't be bothered there is a team of gentlemen from the continent down the road who'll power wash / snow foam / scrubb with a mit and rinse for £3 while I sit and waste time with social media. Its such a nuisance when they ask me to roll it forward a few inches to get the other side of the wheel spokes.
3 quid ???....What a bargain....I’ll get me coat.

Stick it in a car wash! lifes too short.....

:sadlike: What kind of monster... ? :D

No, I'd never do a car wash. Ever. I couldn't put up with the damage done to the paintwork.

I don't trust anyone else to do it either.

Reactions: Carefree69 and Ormesome
Ditto the above 100%.

My previous two cars were black, and my current a glacier white. The difference in ease of cleaning is like night and day, the white is far easier to clean and looks much cleaner for much longer.

Who’d have thought?

Reactions: RS3 S.
3 quid ???....What a bargain....I’ll get me coat.
Parker st, Bury

For £5 they'll dress the tires and clean the interior.

Having spent weeks trolling up and down the M6 you could barely tell what colour my car was so I nipped in yesterday it took 3 men about less then 5 minutes to do a £3 special.

Reactions: Bellasdad
Treat it like your partner/wife/gf and love every nook cranny and crevice

Reactions: lucaslfc and davemk
i think cars look cool with a bit of dirt on them anyway. Not sure what the fascination is with the whole "detailing" thing tbh. Maybe if i had a very rare car i suppose but these are mass produced commodity items which no one really care about apart from us owners. Each to there own i guess.

Get a detailer. Then you don't have to lift a finger. That's what the rest of us ballers do.

i think cars look cool with a bit of dirt on them anyway. Not sure what the fascination is with the whole "detailing" thing tbh. Maybe if i had a very rare car i suppose but these are mass produced commodity items which no one really care about apart from us owners. Each to there own i guess.

People keep their cars clean because they care about their property and enjoy their car.

Mass produced or not, being rare has sod all to do with it. That’s like saying “why do you care if I open my car door against your car in the supermarket? Isn’t like it’s a rare car, it’s a mass produced commodity item”

Reactions: 4K, Chris43 and Dan Halen
Driving hundreds of miles per week has keeping the exterior of the car looking clean near impossible and it's something I have lost interest in over the years.
The monsoon doesn't look too bad when it's dirty anyway compared to some other colours.

The monsoon doesn't look too bad when it's dirty anyway compared to some other colours.

Daytona is the same. It seems to hide the dirt well. Mind you, coming from a black car, any colour was going to be better!

Reactions: Ormesome and Glasgoe Joe
Daytona is the same. It seems to hide the dirt well. Mind you, coming from a black car, any colour was going to be better!

Great colours. Will prob buy my next Audi in Monsoon or a similar colour. Once went 3 months without washing her and she still looked great. Sometimes just wash the alloys as monsoon just doesn't show up dirt at all. Also came from a. black car, it was my 1st and last! never again. just not worth it.

Took delivery end of Nov.
I’ve not cleaned it yet - I’ll let you know if it ever warms up

Took delivery end of Nov.
I’ve not cleaned it yet - I’ll let you know if it ever warms up

I'd hang on till your first service Audi will do it for you :whistle2::whistle2:

Reactions: Flying Pig
People keep their cars clean because they care about their property and enjoy their car.

Mass produced or not, being rare has sod all to do with it. That’s like saying “why do you care if I open my car door against your car in the supermarket? Isn’t like it’s a rare car, it’s a mass produced commodity item”

Completely agree. Its an expensive outlay so why wouldn't you look after it. I'm no detailing expert but a couple of coats of polish per year helps keep the car cleaner for longer.

Sure the d.o However just because some people that don't obsessively clean their cars and worry about things like swirl makes doesn't mean they care about them any less. Like I said, each to their own.

No, it isn't. That's a false dichotomy. There is a difference between someone damaging my car by opening a door on it and me not being bothered if i have a bit of mud on it. Dirt i can just hose off, scratches need to be repaired.

Reactions: Glasgoe Joe