i have a 1998 a3 agu engine what n75 shall i get and n249 as only getting 0.4 boost

mk1kid

Reaction score
hi been looking few some posts and most people say replace the n75 with a n75j???? i wanted to fit a manual boost controller but without a remap is pointless i was told. the next thing was to replace the n75 and n249 valves as cars running sloww

find out the cause of why its going slow before replacing things TBH

just get a standard n75 mate. you will just spike and go into limp mode.

i wanted to fit a manual boost controller but without a remap is pointless i was told.

I think, that if you get a mbc (manual boost controller) and adjust it to get a bit more boost, it will work just fine as the ecu will throw more fuel to cover the new amount of air that goes to the engine. Although im not sure, i might be trying this on my S3 AMK engine but i will fit a boost and air to fuel ratio gauge, then ill try to get some more boost from an MBC.
probably one of the experts here may be able to tell us if im thinking right or not.

0.4bar boost is more or less actuator pressure... as indicated above and in a previous thread (your 007p one) I think you have bigger problems...

Have you connected VAGCOM yet to check any fault codes? Checked for boost leaks?

<tuffty/>