I hate it when that hapens

RAPS3

Reaction score
Website
www.google.co.uk
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/soap.gif on

I've just sat and typed a massive post, clicked "continue" and got a flaming "cannot find server" message, and lost he ****** lot.

I'll have to sit and type it all again now.

fecking computers

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/soap.gif off

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif @ jojo - I wish it was that simple. Once its gone its gone. Nothing to do with the forum, it took me that long to type it, the hamster in my pc fell asleep.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif@ medicine man - there is always that time when you dont do this and sh#t happens, this was one of those times.

If Carlsberg ran a forum...it'd probably be the.....

This happens to me a lot- but whenever I press the back button the post always reappears!

Yeah me too Yaseen /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/woohoo.gif which is just as well cause it happens all the ****** time! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif

Maybe its just a slight packet loss in connection when it happens....might be an idea to talk to the line supplier of the server ie BT or telewest and get them to do a line check just incase! It maybe an easy problem for them to fix. Just an idea anyway.

[ QUOTE ]
Never happens to me cos i'm FIGJAM.

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif I believe the doctors have a cure for FIGJAAM now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

[ QUOTE ]
pffffffff your all wrong he just has a dlislexic browser!

[/ QUOTE ]

You're in a good mood today NSD... who rocked your boat? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_2.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Type, right click, select all, copy.

Just in case

[/ QUOTE ]

I always do that... when I write long post.

Just in case /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

[ QUOTE ]
hey R88PER , wots with the anti "monk " posting on your avatar????
im hurt lol

[/ QUOTE ]

It should be Monkey - but the "ey" has been nicked.

[ QUOTE ]
Have you never heard the tail about people years ago hanging a monkey because they thought it was a spy, and its not a wined up either. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/book.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Never trust a monkey , remeber "Indiana jones" the monkey was a nazi! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bang.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
hey R88PER , wots with the anti "monk " posting on your avatar????
im hurt lol

[/ QUOTE ]

It should be Monkey - but the "ey" has been nicked.

[/ QUOTE ]

Glad it aint directed at me lol /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jump.gif

For those who dont already know, heres an extract from a local website..

source website Who Hung the Monkey Webpage

[ QUOTE ]

WHO HUNG THE MONKEY?
(OR HOW TO UPSET A HARTLEPUDLIAN!)

monkey.jpg

During the time of the Napoleonic Wars. A French ship was wrecked just of the coast of the headland of Old Hartlepool.

The only survivor to be washed ashore was a small monkey dressed in a French sailors uniform. The wretched creature had apparently been used for entertainment by the crew of the unfortunate ship.

The people of Hartlepool at the time were largely simple fishing folk and had (probably) never seen a monkey and so they assumed it was a French spy, they promptly took it away for questioning. Unfortunately (for itself) the monkey could neither speak nor understand English and could only gibber agitatedly, which only served to further persuade the locals to the identity of the prisoner as they took this gibbering to be French! Finally the monkey was put on trial, found guilty of spying and of course sentenced to death by hanging. The monkey was finally hung on the fish sands a small stretch of beach below the ancient town wall.

Notes:

1) I have deliberately written OLD HARTLEPOOL several times, the reason for this is that until the latter part of this century OLD Hartlepool & British West Hartlepool were two SEPARATE towns (and they can both still be seen on some road signs on the regions minor roads). West Hartlepool as it is more commonly called was the industrial town that grew to the south & west of the existing fishing village of Old Hartlepool

2) Be very careful when taking the mickey out of Hartlepudlians, for some reason many of them take serious exception to being called monkey hangers (although it is now becoming less common especially amongst the Hartlepool United Football Club fans), and have been known to react violently.
YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow - The things you learn on AS.net - very educational.....
Hope there is a question on "Millionaire" about this - Our lass will be most impressed when I shout the answer at the telly.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/book.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/book.gif

[ QUOTE ]
That's /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif bizarre... guess its what happens when you live by the sea! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

[/ QUOTE ]No its just that most folk from hartlepool are mentalists /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif

[ QUOTE ]
No its just that most folk from hartlepool are mentalists /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You have a remarkably good sense of humour for a monkey hanger...most get somewhat aggrevated when reminded of their ancestors stupidity!

Would calling you a smoggie, mackem or geordie upset you? They're all the same aren't they...all that lot from down that way? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

No mate only time it bothers me its when southerns call me a geordie after all they've never really heard of smog monsters and im only taking the pee out of hartlepuddle because i'm from yorkshire. I've also got relatives from peterlee who like to call them selves mackems so its even more fun calling them geordie's, smog monsters or even tell them that they are top of micheal jacksons hit list for abuse to monkey's. p.s. before i get my **** kicked by any of the above i'm only taking the pee and its always fun to wined folk up like peole do when i get called a wooly back because i'm from yorkshire, its not my fault that sheep are atracted to me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif