I had a horrible knock at the door.....

sidibear

Going with the flow.
Staff member
Reaction score
.. to inform me that a van had just smashed into the side of my car and drove off.

AudiDamagemods0007.jpg

AudiDamagemods0003.jpg

AudiDamagemods0004.jpg

AudiDamagemods0008.jpg

AudiDamagemods0005.jpg

He left bits of trim off his van in the road, which I collected. I was stood looking out of the window on the phone to the insurance firm when lo and behold, van driver comes back to look for his bits of trim, which I have. I went outside as he drove off, only to return about 10 minutes later. He pulled up next to my car and I ran out to him. I said to him that he had hit my car, he drove off very quickly. Reported to the police and insurance firm. Still have to find £350 for my excess though. So if anyone comes across a van parked outside a house reg NV02 LVU sign wrote with Cleaner Ways, let me or the police know.

Last edited:
I take it you know that they are yorkshire Paul ? or were ?

Yep, I googled them. I am pretty certain I have seen that van around here quite a bit though so it may be an ex fleet van still signed. I have description of driver, van reg and even some bits off it, but don't live in much hope of the driver being found or insured.

yes 8 years does seem a while,try phoning them find out what they do and ask for them to do some work for you but obviously at a friends house to see if they are down here.

Have just looked again at their website, I have sent them an email.
Carpet and Upholstery cleaning service in the following areas:
Birmingham include Harborne, Kings Norton, Moseley, Sutton Coldfield, Perry Bar, Ladywood, Wylde Green, Walmley, Edgbaston, Selly Oak , Sutton Districts, Little Aston, New Oscott.Sutton Coldfield, Perry Bar,

Paul you sound so calm! :gun2:

Hope you get good news soon!

Have just looked again at their website, I have sent them an email.
Carpet and Upholstery cleaning service in the following areas:
Birmingham include Harborne, Kings Norton, Moseley, Sutton Coldfield, Perry Bar, Ladywood, Wylde Green, Walmley, Edgbaston, Selly Oak , Sutton Districts, Little Aston, New Oscott.Sutton Coldfield, Perry Bar,

must be them then,ask a friendly officer for advice as surely they have drove away from an accident

If you've reported it the Police, then surely they will send some paperwork to the registered keeper to establish who the driver was the time? Then once you know that the Police should be able to give you their insurance details, which you can forward to your insurance company. I see no reason for you to lose your excess.

@Ming Blue, I am always calm, I could bounce off all four walls with rage but I would still be in the same position with a damaged car, **** happens, its part of life.

@Jase, Queens Rd police said it would be assigned to an officer who would probably contact me regarding.

@Quattro, hopefully yes, never had a bump before so all this insurance claim stuff is new to me.

NIG said they would get their local garage to collect the car for repair, I asked if they were Audi approved and the reply was she is certain they have repaired an Audi before. I contacted watery Lane Audi who gave me the details of the place they use, City Centre car care in Digbeth. I have to take it there Friday for a quote.

So long as you have their reg Paul, and let the police know, they will be onto it. Might want to send them a polite email about your car being hit by one of their vans, and that you have witnesses and evidence to see what they say.

Obviously, if they own up, it's a matter of claiming against their insurance company, but if you go through the police looking for their van and taking them to court etc. it could take upto 12 months like in my scenario last year.

Make sure you contact the police - he has committed an offence by failing to stop and provide details (Sct 170 RTA '88). Assuming its registered, they should be able to track him down and/or go to the company and 'require' the owner to identify the driver at the time.

Hey Paul, sorry to hear this, the place you are taking the car is very good, they have an excellent reputation and I have seen some of the work they have done.

They normally deal in top of the range Astons, Bentleys etc, so fingers crossed you wont have any probs.

If you have the plate of the van, see if you can see it again and get pics of the missing bits that you have, as he could always respond in the famous Shaggy way "it wasnt me"

Bad luck, I drive a van for a company sometimes, if that was me I'd hold my hand up and admit to it, aint my insurance or excess but Im a carefull driver so never been in that position *touchwood*.

For a crate of Becks I'll be a star witness if you like... "yes constable, I had to literally DIVE out of the van drivers way!"

If its ex-fleet try using a form v888 :

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Diol1/DoItOnline/DG_10016794

Any petrol stations nearby? Very slim chance could of popped in there just prior to the accident, forecourts have excellent CCTV so they can see number plates and faces of people who drive off without paying...

Hi mate, absolutely gutted!!! I'll keep an eye out, and also tell my girlfriend to do the same thing, as we both drive around Birmingham a lot.

I've heard of the place you're taking your car to. Infact, I went there one day for a quote, but they looked closed and only had on road parking, so didn't chance it, but I have heard good things & guy at work took his A5 there when someone went in the back of him. Wish I'd taken my car there now after all the probs I had with another bodyshop...