I don't own an Audi

Richard46

Reaction score
Hi
yep I do not own an audi. I am almost sure I will be replacing my 62 plate Diesel Skoda Octavia with a near new Petrol A3 in the next month. Will probably be asking for help and opinions from members; already learnt a lot from reading threads for which thanks.

Reactions: Audi Bairn and Sandra
Hi Richard, welc9me to audi-sport.net. We look forward to seeing pics of your upcoming purchase.

Reactions: Audi Bairn and Richard46
Hi
yep I do not own an audi. I am almost sure I will be replacing my 62 plate Diesel Skoda Octavia with a near new Petrol A3 in the next month. Will probably be asking for help and opinions from members; already learnt a lot from reading threads for which thanks.
Fire away, were waiting lol :thumbs up:

Reactions: Richard46
Ok here is an obscure question. Had a test drive in a lovely A3 today. It had virtual cockpit which looked great. Thing is one of the main uses I have for the Sat Nav is to check the speed limit wherever I am directly against my actual speed. Oddly it appears the speed limit info is available but only via the pop up sat nav screen. This rather; for me; limits the value of the cockpit display as I would still have to keep the pop up display on nav and be checking it. So might as well cross the virtual cockpit off my must have list.
Does anyone know if speed limit info can be shown on the virtual cockpit and if not why not?

Edit Plus what with paying for all this amount of graphic display which apparently does not give a visual parking display as standard; i.e only if the car has front and rear sensors/ parking system plus?. I have never found audio parking warnings of any real use.

Ok here is an obscure question. Had a test drive in a lovely A3 today. It had virtual cockpit which looked great. Thing is one of the main uses I have for the Sat Nav is to check the speed limit wherever I am directly against my actual speed. Oddly it appears the speed limit info is available but only via the pop up sat nav screen. This rather; for me; limits the value of the cockpit display as I would still have to keep the pop up display on nav and be checking it. So might as well cross the virtual cockpit off my must have list.
Does anyone know if speed limit info can be shown on the virtual cockpit and if not why not?

Edit Plus what with paying for all this amount of graphic display which apparently does not give a visual parking display as standard; i.e only if the car has front and rear sensors/ parking system plus?. I have never found audio parking warnings of any real use.

As far as I'm aware the speed limit can only be displayed on the pop up screen.
I have front and rear parking sensors and they are of limited value, however as I garage my car they come in handy when getting the car as close to the passenger side as possible and getting the nose of the car right up to the back of the garage (maybe I'm just getting worse at parking at my age!).
I don't actually use the VC for the sat nav (it's on the pop up). I have the central combined speedo / rev counter and use the VC to customise the left and right sections as I require. I'm a fan of it still after 2 years of having it, others aren't - each to their own really.

Thanks for that @Audi Bairn ; age is the thing, at 72 twisting my head through 180degrees to look out the back window has become an extreme sport that I have become thankful not to have to perform. I could do without the front sensors but not the graphic for the rear.

Reactions: Audi Bairn
Will be picking up a 6 month old A3 1.4 auto Black Edition (in black) Saloon with the Comfort pack next tuesday. Thanks mainly to a lot of reading on here managed to narrow down what extras I needed to look out for to get my must haves. i.e Parking system plus; powered mirrors; heated seats etc so thanks to Audi-sport.net
Found the car I wanted at Beckenham Audi who have been helpful. I suspect this will be my last ICE only car so looking forward to making the most of it before we are forced to 'drive' automated eco buggies.

Reactions: Sandra
Will be picking up a 6 month old A3 1.4 auto Black Edition (in black) Saloon with the Comfort pack next tuesday. Thanks mainly to a lot of reading on here managed to narrow down what extras I needed to look out for to get my must haves. i.e Parking system plus; powered mirrors; heated seats etc so thanks to Audi-sport.net
Found the car I wanted at Beckenham Audi who have been helpful. I suspect this will be my last ICE only car so looking forward to making the most of it before we are forced to 'drive' automated eco buggies.
Congrats on finding your car Richard. We look forward to pics when you collect. :)

Nice one Richard! :icon thumright: I'm coming from a long line of Skoda's (and a single seat) to my first Audi on Monday! I think it's a massive step up for us, especially in the interior quality.

Congrats on finding your car Richard. We look forward to pics when you collect. :)

Loving my new A3. Six months old but looks new, comfort pack and a very nice place to be.
Thanks all for helpful comments.

Attachments

• IMG_20190129_152145250.jpg
    IMG_20190129_152145250.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 172
  • IMG_20190129_152131330.jpg
    IMG_20190129_152131330.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 169
Reactions: Phil.MC
Loving my new A3. Six months old but looks new, comfort pack and a very nice place to be.
Thanks all for helpful comments.
Looks awesome Richard. Enjoy :)

Looks like a beauty you've got there Richard, and even better that its in the best colour too :thumbs up:.

Only got a chance to have a decent 100 mile plus drive yesterday in the A3. What a lovely car to drive. I was worried it would feel like a small car after my previous Skoda Octavia and before that an (awful) X type Jag and lovely 2.3 SAAB 900 but not at all. Easily the most comfortable car I have driven, very solid and substantial but nimble. Especially loved the electronic handbrake/hill hold once I had stopped reaching for the non existent handle.

Was discovering new toys and features all day. My beloved was won over too which I was worried about as she was very fond of the Octavia. For some reason she was bowled over by the illuminated footwells (which I had not even noticed) and the multitude of seat adjustments. She was not fond of the B&O sub woofer in the boot but only when she was sitting in the back (picked up aged Mother who only sits in front seats) still found S/W could be easily shut right down. When I am driving alone Massive Attack is going on and that S/W is going to be unleashed though. She was actually very impressed by the ride comfort in the back seat compared with the Skoda. No doubt down to more sophisticated rear suspension.

Cons none really, the Sat Nav took us down some very minor roads, well lanes really (almost had grass down the middle sort of lanes) but expect I just need to master the alternative routes feature to sort that. Not convinced that the Start/Stop is a good idea may turn it off permanently with the Carista gizmo I have if that option works, otherwise just use the off button on the dash.

I think my mileage may have to go up this year and thanks for the warm welcome to the forum.

Last edited: