I am looking to buy a A3 2.0 TFSI- useful threads please?

BishBosh

Bish Bash Bosh
Reaction score
Hi all,
I intend to replace my written off low milage 08 plate Ford Focus 1.6 Zetec with something to put a smile on my face. I am looking to buy a A3 2.0 TFSI Quattro and would appreciate being pointed to some threads which will tell me what to look out for and what problems owners face. In the past i have always gone for a motor with the latest year with the lowest milage i could afford but have always ended up driving cars that were uninspiring. I nearly got a Seat Leon FR on finance a couple of years ago but was saved from thousands in debt when the wife gave me her hand me down focus when she upgraded to a Ford Smax which is great for the kids.

I got caught in a flood last friday and writing my car off may be a blessing in disguise and I now expect to spend upto 4.5K on a 2.0 TFSI Quattro (S line with leather if poss) and won't have much left for costly repairs, cam belt changes, cluthes or problems for a while. Besides i would rather save my money for a remap anyhow.

Are Audi's as bomb proof as people say? I want to know what sort of mileage is considered high etc

Would like to know if the model i am after in years 04/54/05/55/06/56 had any issues. (Do the older TFSI models suffer from the oil issue)

Help a newbie out please peeps.

Welcome to Audi-sport.net. If you go to the A3 8P section there is a FAQs thread in there with lots of useful info. Enjoy the forum :) x