i am f###king rageing right now

chrisw_s3mk1

Reaction score
After fitting new front discs and pads on my s3 apy today I also fitted a new rear caliper as cylinder was seized on however straight forward and easy that was I thought to myself got to the rear passengers disc to find that the last owner/ers has kindly welded the disc onto the hub axle if this makes sense so normally you would beat the disc off hay presto its off new one on job done! Not in my case at all, why would you do that I really am at my final teathers with this car I have had it 3 weeks or so and fixed
Dmf with clutch slave etc
New battery
New starter motor
New impulse sender
New cam belt water pump
New discs and pads
Serviced twice
Cleaned oil pick up pipe and sump out
Bypassed n249
new coil leads
Clutch master cylinder replaced still sticking on pressure on and off !!!!

Really annoyed still got more problems no dout

After fitting new front discs and pads on my s3 apy today I also fitted a new rear caliper as cylinder was seized on however straight forward and easy that was I thought to myself got to the rear passengers disc to find that the last owner/ers has kindly welded the disc onto the hub axle if this makes sense so normally you would beat the disc off hay presto its off new one on job done! Not in my case at all, why would you do that I really am at my final teathers with this car I have had it 3 weeks or so and fixed
Dmf with clutch slave etc
New battery
New starter motor
New impulse sender
New cam belt water pump
New discs and pads
Serviced twice
Cleaned oil pick up pipe and sump out
Bypassed n249
new coil leads
Clutch master cylinder replaced still sticking on pressure on and off !!!!

Really annoyed still got more problems no dout

Can i ask the age please of the vehicle mate?

I find it hard to believe they welded the discs on :S Got any photos?

As said, you sure its not just rusted on, whoever fitted them didnt apply copper grease.

Is there actually welds of metal? :/

ive got my mate to remove it with a plasma cutter at his work place very frustrateing tbh but after much sanding and hard work its sorted now

Bizarre ...

I think we will have more of these stories as they get pocket money cheap, its another thing maintaining them properly...
Spot on Dave,not talking about Chris but some buyers do not realise when something goes pop you have to buy a brand new Audi part despite the vehicle being 9 years or older.

Why would you go to the trouble of welding them on though? They're secured by the wheel bolts so they don't actually need to be held at all, the grub screw just stops them spinning around when refitting the wheel - that really is bizarre, makes you wonder what other neanderthal "mods" they've done on the car!

id like to see pics of this, i cant get my head round why someone would do that

can i ask why you serviced the car twice?

Alrite Phil wish id thought too now was fuming at the time, I asked my mate why they would do such a thing he said it was missing the grub screw and only way or reason for doing it would of been that ? Well its sorted just need to bleed the new caliper as was in a blind rage yesterday, serviced it twice just to filter any old oil that would of been in their I did it also because when I was changing the crank sensor impulse sender, I looked at the oil filter after it being changed recently, the oil was black so thought id just drop it again. Thanks for comments guys, I also wonder what else im awaiting to find.