1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I’m back!!!

Aspen Aug 6, 2018

1. Aspen

Aspen Member VCDS Map User

I’m back on brand after a few I’ll fitting decisions. Best not to ask.

Anyway, I have a nice sprint blue S4 Avant from 2009. Almost looks new as well.

I have a question though. It’s not got a B&O sound system, but has multi speakers and a centre speaker on the dash etc. So, what was the base amp and speaker setup on the 09 S4, how upgradable is it? Sounds pretty good to be honest.

Oh, it’s got MMI 3G with the little joystick on the control knob.

Is it worth buying the B&O system off eBay or will an aftermarket system be better. Does the MMI output in low or high amplification?

So many questions.... sorry

xpoweruk likes this.
  2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. Sandra

Sandra Administrator Staff Member Administrator TeamMisano TFSI Owners Group Audi S3 quattro Platinum Supporter S tronic Audi Main Dealer

Welcome back. :)

4. ianv5

ianv5 Active Member TeamMisano Team V6 Audi S4 Audi Avant Owner Group quattro

Alpine x701d is a good upgrade

5. Aspen

Thanks it’s great to be back!!

So, will the x701d (with wiring adopters) plug into the harness in the boot and just work?

6. sunshinewelly

sunshinewelly Active Member

I have not heard the standard audi system but hear its good. My s4 has the BO set up and it's incredible to my ears. I am coming to it from a BMW 135 which did not have the best sound system. I am not an audiophile when it comes to music though. Not sure on the upgrade path however.

7. Aspen

It look like I can get it all of fleebay for about £800. I just wonder if it need coding and if so, will VCDS do the job

8. MarkWizard

MarkWizard Active Member VCDS Map User

Yes the amp may need coding, yes VCDS will do it and CP will probably need removing from the amp too

Aspen likes this.