Hybrid Turbo + other mods needed? 2.0 140 tdi quattro

lewi89

Reaction score
After having my new hybrid turbo destroyed by parts of the old stock turbo (incompetent mechanic who fitted it)
i'm now going to have to get a second hybrid built.

Question is... what would the best supporting mods be for it?
  • is the darkside EGR delete kit worth purchasing? (also have to get it mapped out, of course)
  • uprated injectors? iirc the stock ones are good for around 235bhp? or can i use the stock ones, providing i don't go silly with the power right off?
  • remap is a must, but what bhp/torque will i be looking at roughly?
  • custom exhaust? as it's Quattro and i haven't found one that fits
  • induction kit?
I already have a stage 3 CG 6-paddle clutch with DMF.

Any recommendations would be appreciated

Long post, I know, so apologies for that!

1. Deffo need to blank the EGR. Deleting it completely is your choice...I wouldn't if it was my car.

2. Stock injectors will see you to around 230BHP as you say you will need bigger ones after that. You can use stock injectors but obviously it won't make as much power which defeats the object of going to all the trouble of the hybrid turbo etc.

3. Remap is an absolute must to maximise the power. Power will depend on the spec of the turbo, injectors, exhaust, intake and map.

4. Try BCS power valve, seems to have a good following on this forum with the S3s.

5. I'd leave intake stock, custom exhaust, blank EGR, gut the DPF (if you have one), injectors and the hybrid turbo + custom map.

Stuff i had to make 250bhp -

I had custom intake made a tinybitof difference but sounded better

Darkside alloy boost hoses with s3 cooler

Forge throttle body hose

Darkside egr delete

Milltek turbo back decat exhaust

Really high boost map 2.0bar i think was last one or 1.95 cant remember

I jectors were maxed out

Brand new glow plugs and full engine service oil filters engine addatives amd fuel addatives added before mapping also ran on vpower diesel

And buy yourself loads of tyres if your fwd but as your quattro your all good lol

did the s3 cooler help as standard cooler good for 300 bhp ?

cheers guys.

so just for clarification, it would be around 230bhp max that i will be looking at without upgrading the injectors (that will come at a later date as that's gonna be £££ haha)

Yes 230-250BHP depending on the dyno, fuel, atmospheric conditions etc :)

I would not touch the DPF because it's now an MOT failure last I heard.

Induction is a waste of cash as they don't really add power even if sealed, bigger intake helps more or make a dual intake

I would not touch the DPF because it's now an MOT failure last I heard.

Induction is a waste of cash as they don't really add power even if sealed, bigger intake helps more or make a dual intake

It is a visual inspection to check the DPF is still there. Some people gut the DPF and then weld it back up and refit it to the car, so it still passes MOT.

Reactions: dirtnap
If you can gut it and it will pass then that sounds like a good idea. I will look into that

Reactions: Sayam