Hybrid and Electric vehicles

oldoiler

Reaction score
I have a A3 E-Tron with 75k and is due cam belt and dsg service and have been quoted £538 for the cam belt and £289 for the dsg oil change! (Independents are similar prices)
The reason for the higher costs are to the requirements to have a High Voltage qualified technicians ( which Audi don’t have enough of, ) Dealers share HV technicians
I love the car for the type of journeys I do but this higher service cost is just too much

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The joke of this is once you isolate the vehicles high voltage system using the safety switch, the rest of the work to perform a service is the same as a normal car. Their charging extra money for a step that doesn't even take 2 minutes! You can blame the red tape health and safety mafia for this.

Reactions: oldoiler
The joke of this is once you isolate the vehicles high voltage system using the safety switch, the rest of the work to perform a service is the same as a normal car. Their charging extra money for a step that doesn't even take 2 minutes! You can blame the red tape health and safety mafia for this.

That’s how I feel too, perhaps the problem is not the same with a total electric car because they should be able to do stellar miles ( which would put the service dealerships out of business)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

If it's any consolation BMW are exactly the same. I had to point BMW's so called electric master technician at local dealer to fix an engine warning problem. They throw parts at a problem and follow a script and rarely deviate. Honestly it's like dealing with zombies. Not cheap either.

On BMW i3 REx you can disable high voltage system and safely work on the car. That said, this is straight forward servicing, I'm not in the guts of the electrics. It's still has 400v on tap otherwise.

Reactions: oldoiler