1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Hybrid and Electric vehicles

oldoiler Sep 15, 2020 at 8:12 PM

1. oldoiler

oldoiler Registered User

I have a A3 E-Tron with 75k and is due cam belt and dsg service and have been quoted £538 for the cam belt and £289 for the dsg oil change! (Independents are similar prices)
    The reason for the higher costs are to the requirements to have a High Voltage qualified technicians ( which Audi don’t have enough of, ) Dealers share HV technicians
    I love the car for the type of journeys I do but this higher service cost is just too much

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. b2

b2 Registered User

The joke of this is once you isolate the vehicles high voltage system using the safety switch, the rest of the work to perform a service is the same as a normal car. Their charging extra money for a step that doesn't even take 2 minutes! You can blame the red tape health and safety mafia for this.

oldoiler likes this.
  4. oldoiler

oldoiler Registered User

That’s how I feel too, perhaps the problem is not the same with a total electric car because they should be able to do stellar miles ( which would put the service dealerships out of business)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro