HVAC Control Unit

Tendaimwari

Reaction score
I've a 2012 A6 with the rotary dialled HVAC Control Unit and been offered a brand new facelift, digital display, version for not a lot. My car has dual climate control and front heated seats. I am led to believe that the one on offer is compatible.

Question: Would it be a straight plug and play or would some VCDS coding be necessary?

It is easy to physically change the panel however you will need to get the Component Protection removed (around £80 if you can find a dealer that will actually do it for you or contact @DJAlix on here) and you will have a lot of errors on diagnostics. The digital display requires the 4-zone system so several of the motors will not function correctly- see here https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a6...l-retrofitted-2-zone-climate-control-2890379/

If you want to fit the full 4-zone climate system, I have seen a guide on a Russian forum but it's mega money and a total interior strip to remove the dashboard and fit all the ducting.

I read that thread and it did not sound too promising. I will see it the seller will allow me to test out the unit in order to assess the down sides.