1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HVAC Control Unit

Tendaimwari May 9, 2018

1. Tendaimwari

Tendaimwari Member

I've a 2012 A6 with the rotary dialled HVAC Control Unit and been offered a brand new facelift, digital display, version for not a lot. My car has dual climate control and front heated seats. I am led to believe that the one on offer is compatible.

Question: Would it be a straight plug and play or would some VCDS coding be necessary?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. fingermouse

fingermouse thats me

Good question . Always puzzled me why ours wasn't digital.

4. Slackworth

Slackworth Active Member Team Phantom Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group TDi S tronic

It is easy to physically change the panel however you will need to get the Component Protection removed (around £80 if you can find a dealer that will actually do it for you or contact @DJAlix on here) and you will have a lot of errors on diagnostics. The digital display requires the 4-zone system so several of the motors will not function correctly- see here https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a6...l-retrofitted-2-zone-climate-control-2890379/

If you want to fit the full 4-zone climate system, I have seen a guide on a Russian forum but it's mega money and a total interior strip to remove the dashboard and fit all the ducting.

5. Tendaimwari

Tendaimwari Member

I read that thread and it did not sound too promising. I will see it the seller will allow me to test out the unit in order to assess the down sides.