Huge massive difference in quotes.

sidibear

Going with the flow.
Staff member
Reaction score
Renewal with Aviva £1658, up £233 from last year.

Prestige quoted me £1540.00 for the same cover, getting lower but I am after a bit more.

Sky, sorry about this guys, but when the guy on the phone said its more than half the value of your car, its coming in in excess of £5000 I was glad I was sitting down.

A few hundred quid each way I can accept, but £3500 more is something I cannot grasp.

Prestige quoted me £1540.00 for the same cover, getting lower but I am after a bit more.

Sky, sorry about this guys, but when the guy on the phone said its more than half the value of your car, its coming in in excess of £5000 I was glad I was sitting down.

A few hundred quid each way I can accept, but £3500 more is something I cannot grasp.

All a massive disgusting business monopoly:no:

That's a LOT of money for insurance Paul!

Its where I live, its full of immigrants in uninsured cars crashing into others and driving off.

Three and a half grand though, I would love to hear the explanation why.

Its where I live, its full of immigrants in uninsured cars crashing into others and driving off.

Three and a half grand though, I would love to hear the explanation why.

As soon as I read the first line I knew you would be from Birmingham

Try AdrianFlux, they're the cheapest for me with my renewal coming up next month at £940 fully comp on a 1.6 A3, 3 years driving 2 years NCB

Glad we could save you money & I'm about to post a benefit for those who renew each year with us - a FREE MOT worth up to £54.85 at any Halfords Autocentre! :)

Last edited:
Good to see insurers replying to this thread with help :applaus:

Reactions: sidibear
I'm afraid the indicated price means this do not fit our car club scheme but thanks none the less for getting in touch.

So, I called Chris Knott for a quote. Now, bearing in mind I am currently with Aviva paying £1424.88, renewal with Aviva is £1658.56.
The lovely Kim at Chris Knott got me a deal of £1394.99, with Aviva.

Reactions: jdp1962, jojo, ChrisKnottIns and 1 other person
i regularly have the same when i do GoCompare. last try, the quotes ran from about £167 to £9000!!!! someone said it's just their tactful way of saying "****** off, we don't want you". which is fine by me!

i regularly have the same when i do GoCompare. last try, the quotes ran from about £167 to £9000!!!! someone said it's just their tactful way of saying "****** off, we don't want you". which is fine by me!

This is my thoughts when I see a silly figure, it's not like you are ever going to buy it, but they have to quote anyways!

I posted in an earlier thread how good I thought it was that we have three firms of brokers participating on the forum, and this thread is a good illustration of it. All three firms have contributed, included an honest and open explanation from Sky as to why they could not offer a competitive quote, and Sidibear has got a good deal at the end of it.

Reactions: skyinsurance, jojo and Sandra