Huge dump valve noise on tdi 140 when i release accelerator under 2200 revs in any ge

TDI140

Reaction score
When im driving my 2.0tdi bKD audi a3 and i release the accelerator under 2200 revs to either change gear or brake i get a huge dump valve sort of noise i have checked all my boost hoses and tightened them, i have so oil in the hoses due to fitting catch can plus i had a smoke test done and found no leaks at all the car is pulling perfectly fine and dyno results went up after exhaust bedded in its now running 181 bhp with 309ft lb torque, the car drives perfectly no problems or lag etc etc, just the noise its just worrying me ive been told it could be the EGR being faulty not the hose under it i mean the actual EGR meccanism is this a possiblity ?

Also has anyone else got this problem and could you shed some loght on it as i dont want the car to be running faulty as vcds detect nothing and ive done everything i can

thanks

The problem is you, your paranoid. Stop worrying, until something drastic happens or it flags something up on vagcom, STOP WORRYING! It's a diesel, they make all sorts of noises, bangs, knocks, rattles, judders but they work, it's not a tight tolerance petrol engine.

You should hear mine lol, sound like a jet engine on full throttle, I can post a link if you are interested?

I thought u would of removed egr system by now ? I have a egr valve I took of mine if you need 1 is going about 10 months old. but that does sound like a boost leak to me ,

Carl 1968 would be great if you posted link to video,

my boost gauge also drops boost under heavy load and sits at 26psi but im not sure if thats due to the actuator dumping extra boost pressure,

where can i get egr delete kit from ? Ive seen allard kits on ebay for around £60 but are they genuine ?

The thing is i cant find boost leaks and theres no lag unless its my air box leaking as that is an intake boost hose technically as it connects onto the turbo

I had a fluttering noise from the turbo when releasing accelerator like yourself, had to replace it a few months later.

Absolutley normal! Mines been like it for 15 months!

Waste gate howl is what you're hearing, all my A3's have done it 05, 55 & 56 plates - 2.0L TDIs, stop worrying.

Ive been hearing it for ages i even had intercooler changed due to the boost hose coming off and smashing the intercooler insert clip, i replaced all o seals on hoses, when reving it and releasing accelerator i can see that the intake hose that connects onto the turbo inlet after the maf moves a bit amd thats when the noise occurs could that need replacing ? I hear its quite expensive but if it needs doing ill buy it brand new as i would want a second hand damaged one

My noise has been going on for over a year now and i havnt had any EML on the dash or any limp mode etc plus all passengers say it sounds like a petrol dump valve also gets people on the street to turn around and start looking at what it is lol whoch is good but worrying if its a fault

My noise has been going on for over a year now and i havnt had any EML on the dash or any limp mode etc plus all passengers say it sounds like a petrol dump valve also gets people on the street to turn around and start looking at what it is lol whoch is good but worrying if its a fault

hey mate i get this too on mine! its done 130k though. The sound is amazing i must admit, but seems to go when the cars fully warmed up, i.e done a good 15 miles or so

Reactions: TDI140
evolution-gone-wrong.jpg

Mine was making the exact noise the other day, its just had new turbo today. It's silent now, but maybe I also had a leak on a pipe which was sorted aswell?

Would love to know what pipe it was mate as it could be the same on mine im gonna get smoke test done again but if nothing comes up ill just pretend its not there or put the music up loader lol

Could this be the cause of my boost leak / dv noise ? The intake pipe that connects onto the turbo compressor housing looks bent and angles also could be knacked heres a picture
Pictures arnt so good but thats the best i could do lol