HPFP

MikeParkin

It's my birthday
Reaction score
Anyone running HPFP on stage 2 ?

Was just thinking of getting one in preparation for Stage 3 in the future.

Could be wrong but I don’t think Revo stage 3 needs one - best check with them if thinking of going that route. I’ve been in a Revo Golf R stage 3 - it’s mental

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: PanamaS3, MikeParkin and ANTS3
Could be wrong but I don’t think Revo stage 3 needs one - best check with them if thinking of going that route. I’ve been in a Revo Golf R stage 3 - it’s mental

No it isn't pal just thinking ahead and having better mods on the car like I am now with Stage 2.

How was the R stage 3 then was it running good figures ?

Reactions: PanamaS3 and Rob2k68
No it isn't pal just thinking ahead and having better mods on the car like I am now with Stage 2.

How was the R stage 3 then was it running good figures ?

It was a fair time ago so running an early beta tune, no idea what the numbers were but it was fooking fast ! - prob fastest thing I’ve been in/on including motorbikes that I’ve had. Totally well behaved sleeper on way to the petrol station then he unleashed the beast :smilingimp:

Also went in their stage 4 Octavia VRS estate but with the Scirpion straight through system on that it was a lot less refined - stilll the ultimate sleeper missile though !

Reactions: PanamaS3 and MikeParkin
Sounds awesome, Just undecided on what way I want to go down that's all.

Reactions: Rob2k68
watched a video on YT last night from LLF (living life fast).....75 year old guy with the Stage 3 Golf R.....absolutely mental....all done by MRC with latest Turbo Technics turbo (V5?....think its a prototype).....held back to around 600bhp.....check it out

Reactions: Rob2k68 and MikeParkin
Yeah that's the other option looking at around £5,600 with them.

What’s it with Revo Mike - think you can exchange your old turbo ?

Reactions: MikeParkin
Think it's about £2,250 with turbo exchange then with a bit of luck £50 map upgrade haha.

I was getting way higher quotes than this with vrs etc. You sure its only around £2250

Revo yes... the others may be different and require further mods

The turbo exchange and small charge for the software sure does make the Revo offering look very attractive.

Or exchange your unit with a Littco turbo unit for £775 + vat then all you need is a custom map. Price I was quoted was from last year so might vary a bit.

Or exchange your unit with a Littco turbo unit for £775 + vat then all you need is a custom map. Price I was quoted was from last year so might vary a bit.

Cheaper isn't always better.

Littco aka beach buggy turbos have been in the business for many years in the VAG game. Very popular with 1.8T lads back in the day. Rick at unicorn use dans turbos (Littco) a good few times now with excellent results.

Not knocking these turbos pal just not known on the MQB platform, and I would like to go with the majority.

I nearly went down major tuning route with my 1972 1303 beatle a while ago as I wanted to have a crazy car.

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Kenny_GTI