HPFP Problem (anybody got a old 1 laying about)

Marc8490

Reaction score
Hi
I was changing my HPFP cam follower today and it was my own silly mistake but i removed the union for the Fuel outlet (least i think it is, The metal pipe not the rubber one) and something fell out in to the engine bay, cant find it anywhere, phoned Audi, Awesome GTI and a mate who's a mechanic and decided it must have been something else falling and there was never anything in there, rebuild it and its runs but there's quite a response problem. Thinking there might have been a tapered pin to increase back pressure in the pump.

Audi parts diagram just shows the union fitted to the pump as though it comes as an assembly so cant tell if there should be something in there. Was just wondering if anybody knew much about the HPFP or even if somebody's replaced there fuel pump and has there old one that they could remove the union and if there was something in there was willing to sell me it because i don't want to go and buy a fuel pump for 1 silly little tapered pin (if that's whats in there)

I will most likely be changing my pump in the next week or so if you can wait a little bit?
Just trying to find out where is best to get one from, plus a camshaft etc

Cheers, well the car is running and i can use it just has the response problem, a mate said to try and keep it of boost because it got a chance of running lean if that missing part is making it under fuel, any thoughts on this?

If you could let me know when you do your fuel pump that would be great cheers

If it isn't generating enough fuel pressure the ECU will cut boost anyway to protect the engine. That was my first symptoms but unfortunately mine had bigger problems, the cam follower had already disintegrated

Ok so im ok 2 drive as i did then, Going offshore on Thursday so ill mabye jst leave it then hopefully ull have done your fuel pump and be able to check the union

Oh that's not good, i only change mine as a precaution and it wasn't that bad, wishing id just left it now ha

No not good, and I've only just bought the car less than a month ago. I just wish the garage that had done all the servicing on it had thought to check it.