Help Please HPFP Error P0087/P0088

Ant-B8-Quat

Reaction score
Hey everyone first post here and hoping you can all help, I have a 2.0tdi 170ps the other day coming bk from work the engine cut out after a brief flash of the coil light got the car home and ran a basic scan giving codes P0087 and P0088 so checked the High pressure fuel pump and found metal flake so I have replaced that for a 2nd hand unit with same part numbers also replaced fuel filter, I've checked lines from the common rail to injectors and they are free of metal flake (fingers crossed they are all good) but the problem I'm having even after running vcds to prime the fuel system the sodding thing still won't start fuel is getting to injectors and it's like the car wants to start as it trys to splutter into life with a squirt of easy start but just cuts out again... What could I of missed

Is fuel getting through injectors? Maybe they cought air and are closed up?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Reactions: Ant-B8-Quat
My technician took it off the cylinder to see if injector injects fuel, it didn't, so I took them to injector stand to get them sorted.

But as I read the second time what You have written, maybe after fuel filter replacement You still have air in the fuel lines, You can prime the fuel pumps also with just turning your key in ignition. I had to do it multiple multiple times to get it to start as I inserted new filter empty (without fuel in it).

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I've used vcds to prime the system have a feeling injectors are clogged up so gunna try the 1s out of my brothers 2.0tdi and see what happens

Good news 1 and all shes alive again ended up doing full system flush and new injectors but shes back on the road again now

Reactions: Sibmets