HPA's new touch screen Haldex controller

i assume these will only run with the stock electronics and abs system, only asking as ill need a controller for my mk2 golf haldex car, I'm hoping not to have to fit the ABS from the S3, but i can fit 4x wheel speed sensors if that helps in any way

I should preface this by saying I have done almost no research and everything below is based on assumption, but you might want to speak to HPA as this is potentially an extremely flexible piece of kit.

My understanding of these units is that they intercept the data coming from the rest of the car before it reaches the Haldex controller. In doing so they can manipulate the controller's normal behaviour, for example, by making it think you're at WOT all the time.

If that is the case, there may be little to stop the HPA unit inventing all kinds of data for you, preventing the need for ABS or any other electronics the controller normally expects to be present.

The HPA unit wasn't really intended for this purpose

The CRC-Performance unit was: Google translated version of their site

The other folks who have been heavily involved with retro-haldex conversions for many years are dutchbuild.com

They're also making an external haldex controller (for cars already with haldex)..

ps

Price of the CRC-Performance controller is dropping again ..

thanks for that, glad the price is coming down 900E is a lot

Told you I hadn't done any research! :laugh:

Snowy, do you know if my (basic) understanding of their operation is correct? I guess this applies to the CRC units also.

My understanding is they can completey by-pass the existing controllers software, controlling the haldex controller at an analog level

According to HPA's facebook page, the coding of the first production units was completed on the 23rd of December, and first units ready to ship

HPA Facebook page

Where do you mount that display on your dash? I wonder would it be possible to change settings from a smart phone or tablet?