HPA's new touch screen Haldex controller

Sam_

Down under
Reaction score
Might have to get myself one if they turn out to be decent. Good price too.

tWKWh5e.png

Reactions: Nath1790, CMcKenzie, snowy and 2 others
Theirs a massive group buy on tt forum. Seems to be hit and miss though from the last time I read it, I dont think they even have a working prototype yet.

Oh didn't know there was a group buy you know what the discount is Danni as know they're taking/taken pre-orders ;)

Looks interesting... I prefer the idea of this over the blue controller tbh...

The price looks pretty good comparative to other solutions out there too... just having a read through the TT forums group buy now :)

<tuffty/>

Reactions: Gops
Looks interesting... I prefer the idea of this over the blue controller tbh...

The price looks pretty good comparative to other solutions out there too... just having a read through the TT forums group buy now :)

<tuffty/>

Prices of used blue controller will drop massively when these come out.

Yeah I wish I'd sold mine when they were in heat. I think a few went for $1k+ for a short period. Madness.

Funnily enough I actually emailed HPA just a few days ago asking how much the blue controllers were....

I got a reply shortly ago and have copied and pasted it below for those on (work) PCs that are unable to see the first image :)

Chris,

Thanks for the e-mail. The Gen.1 Competition performance modules we used to sell are now discontinued, because of a stock shortage at VW.

But I have some good news! Please see the attachment I included.

There are many people calling us right now to prepay and get in on the first production run of this new development.

Price is $599.00 + shipping.

We will hopefully have a prototype working in the next couple of weeks, and our local Beta testing will continue afterwards.

Included in the kit will be an LCD screen, cable/harness, and a connector that will "T" the link between the stock Haldex unit and the CAN-Bus (there is no Haldex module included).

This unit will allow variable manipulation of the Haldex system, the ability for the driver to choose and switch engagement control on the fly.

These units are being built locally in Canada, and we expect sellable inventory to be ready 6-8 weeks after the prototype is released.

Let me know if you want to pre-order, and I will get you a shipping quote.

Regards,

Darryl Scott

HPA Motorsports Inc.

No code mate. Just go over to the tt forum or r32oc and put your name down.

Interesting

Looks just as good as the German standalone Haldex controller i have but not fitted yet

I suspect they're basically the same

The CRC does look more funky though

The CRC looks a well thought out bit of kit

Like the oil temp reading too
Like snow too, and the crc looks more than capable

Even allows use of stock controller if you need granny to drive the car

Can someone post a link to the group buy thread please I had a little look on the tt forum but couldn't find the actual group buy thread. Thanks

Thanks dani will have a little think, deciding between this and crc but the price on this is making me lean this way ha

Anyone know how this would work with a blur controller ?..or would I have to go back to a standard controller to use this

Anyone know how this would work with a blur controller ?..or would I have to go back to a standard controller to use this
The sale of the Blue controller would go some way to fund this controller ;)

looks like the price is even lower on the group buy.. under £400 :nunu:

Is there any chance of getting the group buy on this forum?

If I was you mate I'd join the TTforum just for the group buy, only reason the discount is so much is because they've consolidated it with TT owners on Facebook and R32oc.

I need to see some demonstration videos before parting with cash, cos I'm tight lol.

Yeah went to register and realised I was already a member so have contacted Daryl. Will be the icing on the cake to complete the car.

Speaking to Daryl today. It works out at €450 delivered for the controller. That's even cheaper than what second hand blue controllers are going for. So guess I will be getting one.

Reactions: Clart
Speaking to Daryl today. It works out at €450 delivered for the controller. That's even cheaper than what second hand blue controllers are going for. So guess I will be getting one.

Thats not a bad price at all damn it!!.... lol

I think I would like to see some feedback before I order one for mine but this idea appeals more than a replacement controller... at least this stands the chance of getting a little more development and can be reused if your controller goes Pete Tong...

<tuffty/>

So this manipulates the standard controller over obd? There must be cheaper ways of doing it without having a flash display?

It doesn't do it by OBD as far as I can see, I looks like you will have a wiring loom that you will need to plug into your haldex and then another plug that plugs into the standard s3 harness T'ing off to the touch screen. You will need to hide the loom some how

I'm starting the saving fund now! The missus will straight up murder me for spending nearly what her car cost on a controller for mine lol

Eww hope the finished product isn't white but I'm liking the display I can imagine the show off factor now