Hoyte's Twin Turbo A4

hoyte96

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Hi all, I'm new to this forum and thought I would add my build thread so far of my car! I am originally from Plymouth born and raised until I turned 18 (now 21) when I moved to Boise Idaho to go to college on an American football scholarship. So forgive any "American" words or terminology. I am a Westcountry lad through and through!

I spent about 6 months learning about this platform and the B5 and started my build/project a few weeks ago. I have a 2002 3.0 MT6 B6 in Dolphin Gray. I acquired it with front end damage, messed up bonnet bumper fan and the whole front core support basically traded it for my trusty little Honda prelude! So I think I got a pretty good deal?! I got it in June 2013 and had it on the road within a week after repairing it myself, I wasn't satisfied with the power at all. So I looked into a B5 S4 2.7t swap and said f@@k it. I stripped it down from the front in December and finished most of the build a few weeks ago

The B6 S4 was one of my dream cars as a kid (not many years ago), so I'm pretty stoked to kind of sort of own one! I'm installing a lot of S4 stuff so with the 2.7 it's probably even more S4ish than the S4 itself! I went for a Stage 2+ build, plenty enough power but reliable enough hopefully!?

Instagram for my build is: GERMACHT (For those who are on instagram and want to follow on there)

Car has been running good for about 2 weeks now, pretty quick!

Specs:
385bhp
438ftlbs torque
20psi

Exterior -
S4 Rear Bumper
USP Front Valance
S4 Door Blades
18x9.5 STR609MB Square Setup
S4 Mirrors

Engine/Drivetrain-
B5 S4 2.7 Twin Turbo Engine
Luk Clutch
K03s Turbos
JHM Front Mount Intercooler
6 Speed 01E Gearbox
Custom Exhaust, hi flo cats no resonators
Stage 2+ Jfonz Software

Suspension/Brakes-
Tein Springs
B7 A4 Front Calipers
B7 A4 Rear Calipers
Vented and Drilled Discs
Ceramic Pads
245/40/18 Conti Extreme Contact Tyres

Interior-
Full Black S4 Headliner Kit
S4 Alcantara Recaros
B5 RS4 Steering Wheel
B7 Symphony II+ Radio (With Aux Mod)
B7 Climate Control
B7 Climate Control
Podi Boost Guage

How it sits today (Actual Build Pictures To Follow, there's a lot of copy and pasting to be done) :

Reactions: SmoothAssault, AllyMc and BakPak
Wow that must have been a really involved task, never heard of anyone else doing that engine conversion (but why the heck not it's a great engine), looks beautiful and has the spec to match, good job doesn't even come close to what this is.

nice work, is it a Quattro? If not then I bet it's hard getting the power down? Was it a football or a soccer scholarship you went on? I know a few lads local to me that have done a similar thing.

Sorry to put a downer on it. But unless you have hybrid turbos you'll have no more than 360. At the absolute max

Reactions: ruffrida
Nice work and impressive figures

*cough* sharkfin *cough*

Hhahah didnt even notice the "fin" first look, oh dear, not for me, looks (as we say in uk) very Halfords!!

impressive build though, if its only a fwd i bet you leave 11's everywhere you go lol

It's Quattro, the Shark Fin is OEM. It adds an extra antenna for radio reception and also allows me to install an RNS-E unit if I choose to.

Defo would of gone for a window antenna instead, nice and discreet !! Everyone to the own!

OEM?? Of what a Q8? It looks huge, sorry bud!!

Its a proper 1 then lol, with that kind of power i bet it lights all 4 up, nice, me like !!

It's OEM 2004 B6 Ultrasport. You have to remember the market out here has different components. You can all take the **** as much as you want but it is what is. It's not halfords in the slightest, but whatever you say. Yes it will light up all 4 no issues.

No ones taking the ****, we were merely expressing an opinion of its gaudiness

And its clearly not a slight on your taste if its factory fitted

I checked out your Instagram, sounds nice too

Didnt mean cause offence, just looks a little on the large side to me, but like ya say your parts are different to ours, impressive though fair play to ya

Looks cool man. You did a lot of work.
We also don't see that shark fin in South Africa. The first OEM fin was on the B7, so yes, parts do differ from country to country.

This would win in a drag by quite a way. I have an article on B5 S4s at different stages going against a stock 4.2 Stage 2+ pulled away significantly!

Had a coolant leak a few nights ago, with it being so hot out here one of the block off caps for the extra radiator hose popped off and demolished the fan belt.

Listen mate!

You posted a thread, for us all to comment, we have all give our 2pence worth, with everyone coming back with "impressive" so why then go and slag us off on Audizine!!

Dont ask for opinions if ya dont like the answers!!

And yes the shark fin does look a little strange to us uk lads as it is not the norm over ere, with you been a fello brit i thought you should of known that !!

Reactions: swarcup
Here is how the car looked when I picked it up. I did the necessary fixed just to get the 3.0 to run until I had time to get down to the 2.7t business.

It was in a sorry state for a number of weeks. In October I began the strip down of the front end and 3.0, it's a really disappointing engine for what you would hope for from a V6 in a car this size. I was thinking is SCing it but that just accelerates the reliability issues and still isn't as powerful as the 2.7t swap.

I became the king of light night wrenching!

While I was waiting in the S4 engine to arrive I set to work on the suspension, braking components and some bodywork.

Here are the B7 Calipers. They were originally red but I repaired them black. Wanted that more inconspicuous look.

Old rear pads compared to new! Previous owner wasn't too concerned I don't think :S
http://s1282.photobucket.com/user/t...9-4A47-9D1D-EDFD17A7671B_zpsywvighao.jpg.html

This was the first mock up of my USP lower. I believe you calm it GmbH back home? Ended up ditching the grills as I went with a fmic

Old ones off!

Here was the donor engine being removed. Had it delivered from Colorado which is a few states over.

Downpipes had to be modified as the b5 subframe is a little shorter. Had 1.5" added before the turn

It sat on the driveway for a few day before I could get it down to my friends garage to start working in putting the other engine in.

So I installed the S4 rear bumper and mirror caps

The old worn out interior!

Compared to the new!

Engine arrived in a bit of jumble but was in good condition. Needed some maintenance so I did:
Cam Seals
Cam chain tensioners
Timing Belt
Fan Belt
Cam Cover Gaskets
Coolant Temp Sensors
Crank Sensor
Thermostat
Thermostat housing
Probably a load of other stuff I missed out.

Getting loaded on the flatbed for a new lease of life!

Dropped the whole subframe and out it all together in a pallet before outing it back in the car

Mocking up the intercooler was a bit of a pain as it was designed for the B5

Then I had it resprayed

Last edited:
Mocked the wheels up next

As previously mentioned a few days ago I had a fan belt malfunction. The day before a meet! So I had to do some late night wrenching!

But we made it!

Now that is even more impressive mate, fair fckin play to ya, that is no easy task !!

A proper job doen though, so i tip my hat to you young sir,lol

Cheers geeza. 100s of hours literally. Was well worth it though, to be able to keep up with and smoke most stis evos and mustangs out here.

Next step is bigger turbos. There is a company out here called Frankenturbo who make the F21 which is a K04 hybrid. Mix that with an ETG stage 3+ tune with 550cc injectors RS4 inlets and better fuel pump, shooting for 450-500 reliable solid hp.

Next step is bigger turbos. There is a company out here called Frankenturbo who make the F21 which is a K04 hybrid. Mix that with an ETG stage 3+ tune with 550cc injectors RS4 inlets and better fuel pump, shooting for 450-500 reliable solid hp.

Never mind bye bye evo, bye bye Skyline lol

****** mustang lol Rapid in a straight line, kills you in corners lol

Yeah these muscle cars are laughable on the track. And you know the best thing about this build is? It's still an A4 :D

Reactions: ruffrida
I'm not sure if you guys back home are familiar with this company but here is my Podi boost guage. They are really taking over the VAG scene as the OEM style aftermarket gauges.

Great work but I think brakes should be high on your list of next upgrades.

Point me to his zine thread I will lock it :eiertritt:

Thanks. It doesn't need an upgrade if I'm honest, unless I want to take it to the track. The calipers are the exact same as the S4 just a shorter carrier, they more than bring it to a stop quick. If I do upgrade again ever it will be RS4 8pots