Hows your MPG!

I've not long owned my 2004 1.6 FSI but its giving me 250 miles from a full tank upto reserve, car doesn't have dis so iv tried to work it out and Apperently it's about 24 mpg!

I've not long owned my 2004 1.6 FSI but its giving me 250 miles from a full tank upto reserve, car doesn't have dis so iv tried to work it out and Apperently it's about 24 mpg!

I'd have to be pushing the S3 quite hard to get a 24 average.
There's something not quite right with your car me thinks!

Something deffo not right! Recently been serviced aswel might have to take it down to Audi if all else fails! Would super unleaded make much difference to it? Or vpower

Something deffo not right! Recently been serviced aswel might have to take it down to Audi if all else fails! Would super unleaded make much difference to it? Or vpower

Are you sure you're calculating it correctly? You should use Fuelly to track your comsumption since you dont have the DIS.

Last edited:
I do about 500 to £70 which works out about 50mpg as far as I can tell. I'm still fairly new to the car, and my DIS reading is about 35mpg over 2,200 miles (about 60/40 motorway and town I think, but some of that motorway has been in traffic and most of the town involves a planted right foot). I can guarantee 55mpg motorway and 35 round town, but 40-45 is probably doable if I try.

I managed to average 35.8 on a very conservative (read: slightly hungover) 188 mile drive from Essex to S.E Wales last week. On the way back I wasn't so conservative :( Usual is around 24 as I do a lot of town driving (2001 S3)

I do about 500 to £70 which works out about 50mpg as far as I can tell. I'm still fairly new to the car, and my DIS reading is about 35mpg over 2,200 miles (about 60/40 motorway and town I think, but some of that motorway has been in traffic and most of the town involves a planted right foot). I can guarantee 55mpg motorway and 35 round town, but 40-45 is probably doable if I try.

500 miles to £70 (50litres diesel @ £1.40) is around 32.47mpg, which is actually quite bad - especially as your car is brand new IIRC.

I have a 3.2 so I just watch the road ahead lol! I think I'd cry if I started paying attention to the MPG figures lol.

Reactions: Ste_Nova
500 miles to £70 (50litres diesel @ £1.40) is around 32.47mpg, which is actually quite bad - especially as your car is brand new IIRC.

70 quid at 1.46/litre = 47.9 litres
47.9 litres at 4.5 litres per gallon = 10.65 galons
500 miles per 10.65 gallons = 47mpg, isn't it?

I think you're using US gallons at 3.3litres/gallon, which gives a figure more like 33mpg.

My DIS reading (I've left journey 2 since I got the car) is about 44/45mpg, which sounds pretty much right considering I've had a couple of tanks with more town driving. On a journey this morning of 50 miles, of which the first 10 were stop-start traffic and the rest was motorway cruising I got 45mpg too. I'm reasonably happy with that, as I'm getting about the same out of my A3 as I got out of my Clio, and my foot is significantly heavier in the A3.

Might have to try an economy tank sometime, but to be able to get 45mpg out of a car when I'm enjoying the acceleration is fine with me.

I have a 3.2 so I just watch the road ahead lol! I think I'd cry if I started paying attention to the MPG figures lol.

lol i can imagine, i try to always leave the display with the mph rather than the mpg!

An indicated 63.8mpg doing my normal home to work and back again run ~100 miles on 90% m'way.

I'll stick to my 28 mpg in the S3! Its only money after all! I'm damned if I am going to start saving it :wacko:

Pish, you boys just ain't trying h
A3mpg.jpg
ard enough.

Reset the counter while going down a hill? ;)

I reset mine before going down a 15 mile downhill sloped motorway from the Mt Blanc tunnel towards Turin with a full tank travelling at 80mph, 96 mpg and 1070 miles to empty. All depends on your terrain and driving style.

I get around 50mpg (am yet to go on a motorway!) but got more like 40mpg on my first tank before I switched the aircon off, also the mpg goes up quite a lot as the tank gets lighter!

Obviously gallons are different in the US to the UK and that can be adjusted in the DIS so with some fiddling could change those numbers a lot :)

Had 85mpg for a 15mile trip on m1 through 50mph road works!
Avg 48 everyday driving tho!

46.77 mpg over 157 miles (mainly A roads) and 50.14 mpg over 274 miles (mainly motorway) in a 2004 2.0 TDi 140 and two/three passengers + full boot.

Edit - that was using cruise a lot on both occassions, would no doubt be better if I wasn't so lazy!

So you say, and thats why I made statements saying the DIS was way out, only for others on here to say it worked perfectly.

On a trip back from Sunderland, all 285 miles, the DIS at the end of the journey read 82.5mpg, no resets, no fiddling, no funny business, I did the whole journey at an av of 56mph, because I could, just to see...

You call call whatever tune you wish, but when I look at the DIS, then do a brim to brim, my mpg is 60-63mpg during spring/summer/autumn, and dips to about 55mpg during the winter, all brim to brim.

Kevin

23.8 for the last tank. Motorway miles between 80-90. S3

I got 43mpg on the commute home from uni today, probably one my worst readings to date. Was giving it some though!

So you say, and thats why I made statements saying the DIS was way out, only for others on here to say it worked perfectly.

On a trip back from Sunderland, all 285 miles, the DIS at the end of the journey read 82.5mpg, no resets, no fiddling, no funny business, I did the whole journey at an av of 56mph, because I could, just to see...

You call call whatever tune you wish, but when I look at the DIS, then do a brim to brim, my mpg is 60-63mpg during spring/summer/autumn, and dips to about 55mpg during the winter, all brim to brim.

Kevin

For some reason every DIS is slightly different, and some way under and some way over-read. After buying my first TDI170 and tootling home at 56mph it averaged 39mpg and I felt a bit sick at what I'd just bought after a mega economy TDI140 but the reality was doing a brim to brim it was doing mid 50s at those speeds! I trimmed the DIS back in VAGCOM to represent more accurate figures. However my current TDI170 appears to be spot on.

Managed 703.8 miles out of my last tank .. Says 25 miles range left but didn't want to chance it, coulda proably got it up to 720/30 if I kept going. Not on the end of the gauge so probably would've managed that no problem.

Trip computer 1 was showing 60-65mpg over the tank when I read it each day

Well impressed ;)

IMG_1604.jpg

IMG_1605.jpg

Reactions: ollie86rn
I get around 52MPG in my 2.0 TDI which is mapped. Thats with driving "normally". I've had 74 MPG out of it once but I was trying to drive conservatively haha

you sure lol i can get an easy 500+ miles out of a tank in mine mine is a 1.6fsi too lmao i see 45 + mpg every single day and get an average of around 53-55 mpg on a run

here is some pics of mine
daily mpg
dailympg.jpg

crappy picy of the average i get on a run can get up to 55 mpg
389738_290734137677035_2001003594_n.jpg

and this is to show the range im getting i reset the trip before setting off
tankaverage.jpg

suck on that oil burners lmfao

Yeah but what speed do you have to drive at to get them figures?

Don't you drive at no more than 50mph though fran, to avoid stonechips? Surely that's cheating when posting economy figures.

I dont drive at 50 every where you know the picy of the range was mostly driven at 65-70 actually and i get 45+ daily with a mix of town plus motorway speeds i only drive at 50 when ive got to spread the fuel over the week so take it slow

I dont drive at 50 every where you know the picy of the range was mostly driven at 65-70 actually and i get 45+ daily with a mix of town plus motorway speeds i only drive at 50 when ive got to spread the fuel over the week so take it slow
Im just jealous mate, cos I'd be lucky to get half as many miles!

I got 26.2 average in the first 7,700 miles in my S3 including the running in period. I use sainsburies 97 octane fuel. I can get much better figures on a single trip, but the temptation to hoon is normally too great. I didn't buy the car because it's economical after all. Will be interested to see what numbers my stage 1 shark remap return after another 7,700 miles. So far it's a lower number, but I have been hooning everywhere with the new map!

I get around 52MPG in my 2.0 TDI which is mapped. Thats with driving "normally". I've had 74 MPG out of it once but I was trying to drive conservatively haha

Does mapping your 2.0tdi improve the economy past 70mph to maybe 80mph, i find when ever go past 70 the economy drops quite a lot. I realise the national is 70 which is why the manufacture optimises it at this speed but i would be interested in mapping my car if the mpg drop was raised to a higher mpg.

Audi 3.2 DSG driven at speed limits, up to speed as smooth as possible 34.6 mpg. This is a 35 mile trip into London I do daily. A roads then M4 for 10 junctions then 15 mins in town to Hammersmith. Driving to work in a hurry same journey 24.1. All trip counters reset before journeys commenced.

this is what im getting although with a foot down here and there it does drop very quickly but supprised that these figures can be achieved the dsg is brilliant hardly find myself going over 2k on the revs

Blimey, some of these figure are worrying me lol. This is what I am getting on my 2012 S3 :)

b9b950ed.jpg

Still got under 1000 miles on it but on the 4th tank already!! Hopefully it will settle down soon lol!