how's your car doing in this weather?

Must say my car did very well in the snow... did a 240 mile journey to Exeter (red zone for snow & bad weather).. then it got stuck on a very slight incline and refused to move. Stability control and Stop Start fault lights came on. So I got the car to a safer location, Audi Assist got someone to me very quickly considering the extreme weather and they got it moving again. Both fault lights sorted them selves out. But even normal RWD BMWs & Mercs were overtaking me for fun lol! On the way back however it was fault less..

Do you press the SOS button above you to get Audi assist out or did you just call the number?

It looks like your going to launch the nukes with that button haha

Reactions: Syed Shah
Do you press the SOS button above you to get Audi assist out or did you just call the number?

It looks like your going to launch the nukes with that button haha

I actually forgot about that button.. I used the phone app to ring Audi assist haha

Reactions: Theonenonly
I need to find someone who has pressed it because it scares me lol :sob::sob:

I did read this, it might help..

"in an emergency, time is of the essence. That’s why your Audi comes with an SOS button that can call for urgent assistance when pressed. In the unfortunate event of the car detecting a major accident (such as air-bag activation) it will automatically place a call to an Audi partnered emergency call centre, who will send emergency assistance to your GPS location"

You can view the full article on the following link - https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/audi-connect-safety-service-features-dan-suddaby

Yep, tried both sport and off but it was definitely braking the wheels :(

Update on this, the car was in today for a recall on the rear panel so I mentioned it to the tech guys. They looked at me blankly, so I took them out to show them. Apparently the car whilst showing the sport and off info on the screen wasn't actually doing anything. An update later and now the wheels spin happily in OFF mode :)

Don't think my car has this button. Does it only come with the S Line models?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't think my car has this button. Does it only come with the S Line models?

2018 spec cars I think bud maybe yours was just before it. Sure I have it on my s4 on roof panel

Dammit yea mines a 17. So for buying early I've missed out that and the color display inbetween the dials!

S4 on regular tyres and I’ve had no problems. I didn’t take it out in the worst of the snow, had no need to.

Reactions: Theonenonly
In a word...shocking! Slightest incline in snow and I'm stuck. 19" wheel / tyre combo to blame I reckon. Any other BE owners finding the same?

Car has been parked up for almost a week while the Mrs Skoda Fabia made light work of the snow. Roads much better today so glad to be driving the Audi again

I didn't know about the traction settings so I'll try that next time, which will hopefully be next winter now haha!

Reactions: blackb9er and Theonenonly
Got home on the first day of snow after a month in sunny New Zealand. A4 had been sat idle on the driveway all that time. No reason why it shouldn’t fire up straightaway, but the thought that it might not did cross my mind. I started driving in the days when cars frequently failed to start in cold weather and the thought never leaves you! Anyway, car fired up instantly - no surprise there.

Wife’s A3 on the other hand was a little hesitant. Only slightly though. Thank goodness for modern electronics!

Reactions: cuke2u
In a word...shocking! Slightest incline in snow and I'm stuck. 19" wheel / tyre combo to blame I reckon. Any other BE owners finding the same?

Car has been parked up for almost a week while the Mrs Skoda Fabia made light work of the snow. Roads much better today so glad to be driving the Audi again

I didn't know about the traction settings so I'll try that next time, which will hopefully be next winter now haha!

My BE hasn't been to bad, but I did have one minor misshap when I turned at a junction too sharp and a car appeared in my path and I had to adjust. The car just slid slowly towards the curb. I now have a alloy small amount of rim damage on my 19" rotors :(

Got home on the first day of snow after a month in sunny New Zealand. A4 had been sat idle on the driveway all that time. No reason why it shouldn’t fire up straightaway, but the thought that it might not did cross my mind. I started driving in the days when cars frequently failed to start in cold weather and the thought never leaves you! Anyway, car fired up instantly - no surprise there.

Wife’s A3 on the other hand was a little hesitant. Only slightly though. Thank goodness for modern electronics!
Did you have to perform a manual unlock of the doors?

Did you have to perform a manual unlock of the doors?
Mine unlocked OK but the tailgate would only lift so far due to the ice and snow on the roof. The wipers were absolutely frozen to the windscreen so a liberal application of de-icer was necessary before they could be freed.

We waited until the thaw before we attempted to unlock and start my wife’s A3.

Reactions: cuke2u