Howdy....new A3 owner.

seafar99

Reaction score
Hi All,
I'm a new owner of a 1998 Audi Sport 1.8T.It's only had two previous owners.The first owner took it off Audi (Dundee) and took it down to BR Motorsport in Leamington Spa, Warwickshire where he spent a further £3200 on a German MTM performance upgrade package and 'Caractere' bodykit.
The second owner ran it for 10 years before puting it off the road (141K Miles) and starting a refurb' project.Anyway i've since purchased it and thought i'd say hello and let you see some photos.

Sold this

......and bought this 24 Hours later!

As nice as the corrado was, coilovers are a young man's game! The state of our roads these days !
This Audi suits me fine as a weekend treat, a top spec classic, hope you'll approve.

Hi, welcome to audi-sport.net. Lovely car. Where are you located? Enjoy the forum. :) x

Hi Sandra, Located in the central belt of Scotland.

Reactions: Sandra
Hi Sandra, Located in the central belt of Scotland.

Nice, im on the west coast. There is a meet tomorrow12-4 pm at krispy kreme in Edinburgh if you fancy meeting other members. I will add you onto the scottish members list. :) x

Good lord! That could be the cleanest 8L underside on the planet!

What an immaculate and beautiful car!

Welcome to the forum :)

What does the MTM package for the AGU include?

Reactions: Sandra
As far as I can make out it's a fancy way of saying the ECU's been 'fettled with' !
Sorry can't make Edinburgh tomorrow.

Stunning and clean motor pal.... Hope you enjoy it and keep it that way.
Any idea on what it is running?

My Corrado had a 1.8t conversion Ko3s/Qpeng ecu. Which was putting 200bhp through the front wheels, my 'seat of my pants' Dyno
tells me it's not as quick, guesstimate probably around 180bhp. I've been down the power route with my previous impreza's, happy with it as it is.

Welcome along. That Corrado looked beautiful, why sell it?!
As Prawn said, that is the cleanest under carriage I've ever seen...

He had a S4 fitted with a RS4 engine that the bodywork was needing some attention and was going to need money spent on it.
I genuinely think after 10 years he wanted to restore it's life. Most people make the bodywork the first place for restoration but he started from the floor pan. Fuel tank out, crossmember off and beadblasted, heat shields off and treated with zinc based paint.Suspension stripped and binned, replaced with Bilstein B4 struts and Eibach lowering springs. Resprayed the floor pan and wheel arches etc.
My job now is to sort out the common bubbling at the door blades at the bottom of the doors. It's not too bad but needs attention now. The head unit suffers from the 'Loudness' problem when you touch the volume control. I love the look of the unit and I'm loath to fit an aftermarket unit but technology has moved on and I may need to compromise here.

****** hell that's nice! Is the spoiler Caractere or S3? I really like the rear lip and it would finish my car off a treat as my exhaust sits a bit odd!

Front and rear bumpers and tailgate top spoiler are all 'caractere'. The rear bumper needed cut to accommodate the exhaust tailpipes.

That Corrado looked beautiful, why sell it?!

Just not practical enough to justify keeping it, rock hard suspension on today's crap road surfaces put me off using it. It only covered 850 miles last year!

What size are the wheels on the A3 and is it lowered?

I also noticed the park position has been changed on the rear wiper, assuming it it still wipes to the left! Do you know how this was done?

Wheels are 18" 8J with 225 x 40 x 18 tyres. Suspension is Bilsten B4 Struts with Eibach Springs. So yes .
As far as the park position of the rear window wiper i can only assume it's perhaps year dependant?

Wheels and tyres are the same size as mine, but mine sits a lot lower (I hadn't realised how low it was!)

All the wipers park passenger side as far as I know, I want to fit an A1 wiper arm so need to get it parked on the other side really!

The wheel arches have a protective seal and mudflaps which may be making the wheel arch gap look larger.

Reactions: Vex182
Oh it looks fine and I expect it rides a lot better than mine!

Going by your profile your running H&R coilovers which will affect the ride. 'stance' is all very well if that's what people's priority is, but having just sold my corrado mainly because of the coil overs. Race circuits and coilovers are fine, UK roads and slammed suspension , not for me anymore.

I will see what it is like with 205/55/16 winter tyres on and if it isn't much better (I can cope with a poor ride in Summer!) I will look for a decent shocks and spring kit second hand and move the H&R's on.