How will the US emissions scandal affect UK A3 owners?

Volkswagen will survive. On a side note has anyone else read the discussion in the 8V forum, they're all screaming for compensation.

Volkswagen will survive. On a side note has anyone else read the discussion in the 8V forum, they're all screaming for compensation.
I think owners are angry and frustrated. The lack of information on specific cars affected abs what they are going to do is giving owners the gitters (me being one).
If you were affected and your car completely changed in characteristics than you bought it from due to a recall you'd expect to be pisssd off and want something done about it. Tell me I'm wrong and you'd accept the car with poorer mpg, loss of power and devalued in price?

Reactions: audismart
1.2 petrols also now involved. How long before its every engine. How many petrol owners now have squeaky bums?!!

Reactions: audismart

I think that says more about the 8V forum than the scandal itself. It gets all a bit crazy in there.
Some folks from the B8 A4 forum go in there when they want cheering up. Some are scarred from ever returning.

Reactions: sliced
Just returned from the 8V section and its cheered me up no end.

You'd think that armageddon was around the corner with that lot, dramatic or what:haha:

Jesus, I've got far better things to worry about:footy:

i think if the uk goverment can extract another penny from the uk taxpayer for higher car tax due to emmisions been higher then they will be hoping to god the uk is affected by it

1.2 petrols also now involved. How long before its every engine. How many petrol owners now have squeaky bums?!!
Doesn't surprise me, they are so concentrated on getting in the lower tax bands to sell cars, or is it just another world order to hike our road taxes up???

Reactions: Scottyg
Apparently Switzerland has banned the sales of certain models of VW in Switzerland, so this could be interesting as of course I can assume they have the same models there as in UK.
I wish they still made that V10 Diesel in the Touran (I think that is the model) it would be a bargain now :)

To be honest if the solicitors get a enough names to act on it is possible that a lot of damage could be done to vag meaning we could all be driving about in cars with limited support just like those who bought mg /rover as they folded.
Ok vw is worth billions but it looks like they need that cash for recalls and who knows what they will be fined worldwide.

Providing my car performs as it did I will be happy