1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'How To's' For The B9 A4/S4

Bristle Hound Jul 21, 2017

1. Bristle Hound

Bristle Hound Moderator Staff Member Moderator Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. pierreluigi88

pierreluigi88 Active Member Team Mythos Team V6 Audi S4

zippster likes this.
  4. cuke2u

cuke2u Well-Known Member TFSI Owners Group saloon Audi A4 S-line owners group

I don't know, giving trump useful employment is a good one...

5. Paul Macchiarelli

Paul Macchiarelli New Member

Any ideas anyone? [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. A4AvantBlackEdition

A4AvantBlackEdition Well-Known Member TFSI Owners Group Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group Black Edition

That looks pretty dead to me. Although could be a loose connection.

7. EdW

EdW New Member

Looks like cable or connector problem.

8. A4AvantBlackEdition

A4AvantBlackEdition Well-Known Member TFSI Owners Group Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group Black Edition

It’s been 8 weeks mate. I’m guessing he’s got it sorted by now. ;)

9. cuke2u

It's not in the spirit of 'How To's' though...

10. A4AvantBlackEdition

A thousand apologies. ;)

cuke2u likes this.
  11. DP24v

DP24v New Member

How to replace the inflation kit supplied with some B9 cars with the correct Audi parts for a space saver wheel.

Firstly remove the 4 load fixing points from the side rail
    IMG_1586.jpg

Next remove the side trim.
    IMG_1591.jpg

Then remove the locating trim clip
    IMG_1588.jpg

Lower the rear seats so you have access to the back of the storage box, lift the carpet flap and pull the plastic box/tray upwards, repeat for the opposite side as there are two clips you need to pull out. Ensure that these clips remain attached to the box and not remain in the fixings.
    IMG_1590.jpg

Refitting is the reverse of the above steps, when complete you will have the tool tray with proper storage for the jack and other tools.
    IMG_1589.jpg

The part no.s for the tray and Jack are as follows

Tray - 8W9 861 486 FG W8
    Jack - 8W0 011 031
    Crank - 4H0 011 221

I will add the wheel part no. shortly, if you have any questions then PM me.

cuke2u likes this.
  12. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

13. DP24v

DP24v New Member

On a slightly different topic, has anyone managed to get/fit a second rear fog light to an B9 A4 Avant 2019. Audi being cheap have built one of the units with the LED panel missing just fitting it on the drivers side of the car as that is all the UK mot requires.

Looking at the wiring it looks as if you could just swap out the rear inner lamp unit with a LHD one as all the connections look to be there. This if it is possible would give you the second rear fog light.

Anyone offer any advice?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

14. cuke2u

15. DP24v

DP24v New Member

Reading through the link it seams to be aimed at American cars as they talk about using the Euro spec lights, I need to some more research into this.

I might try and get to talk to my local parts guy and one of the master techs at my local dealer to see if they know anything.

My car has go to go in for them to replace the boot mounted rear seat release as the first time I went to use it and it broke, now the seat won’t latch back into place. Car is less than 6 months old so they can sort that under warranty.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

16. cuke2u

Yes it's a American audi forum, seems like you might be making a effort for something you would rarely use and can't actually see...