How to update MMI Sat Nav without going to the Audi dealers?

I rang my local dealer today, just out of curiosity, to see if there had been any change in pricing policy for a 2018 map update on a 2015 S4 with HDD based MMI3G+.

No change; they quoted £280, including VAT.

All download links are on the above link I posted, free. Plus more about clearing error codes after updating

Reactions: Roadrunner146
I'd be interested too.
I don't think mine has ever been updated . My SW version is HNAV EU K0022 1 D1. And I believe that it will take a couple of updates before I can use the newest version.
Checking all the forums just confuses it all.

I have all the instructions, step by step pictorial guide so looks pretty through. I've download from the links supplied the Firmware, Maps and activator codes. Just need to put them on the SD card and find the time to do the updates.The firmware is first so will see how I get on with that and how long it takes.

Reactions: Roadrunner146
Ok a couple of tips.

If your battery is performing good. Then the following:

1) no ignition
2) just only turn your mmi on
3) eject all sd cards and cd's
4) you can update directly to the latest version. The updates are cumulative.
5) if you have Bose or B&O i recommend to do user defined method (first enable user defined in green menu, don't reboot your mmi)
6) after update, and pressed abort documentation. Your mmi will turn off and stay off.
7) wait a 2min and then start the mmi again with power button.
8) install maps.

If you don't trust your battery, connect a charger.

I use this method for a couple of years now and weekly update around 6-10 cars.

A3 8V Facelift Limousine

Reactions: Cerbera9 and Roadrunner146
What is the risk with B&O?
When you have an old sw firmware then the amp will also be updated. Some find that the sound quality decreases (less bass). However this can be fixed by reparametrising the amp with VCP.

Note: sometimes you MUST update the amp because you can't deselect it with user defined method.

Two hours ago i updated a mmi3g basic with b&o. I had to update the amp and then reparametrised it. No decrease in sound quality.

A3 8V Facelift Limousine

then reparametrised it

I'm looking to update everything on mine to get the new (ish) maps. I have B&O. Sorry if I'm missing something obvious but what is "reparametrised", how do you do it and is it simple?

I'm looking to update everything on mine to get the new (ish) maps. I have B&O. Sorry if I'm missing something obvious but what is "reparametrised", how do you do it and is it simple?
Load the correct settings in the amp. You have to do it with vcp or odis.

A3 8V Facelift Limousine

Still running/using 2014 maps and not updated since new.

Which gets me by and I have a mobile maps if desperate.

But I would like an updated MMI sat-nav version.

Is this still a pain in the rear to upgrade the audi maps or has the process improved over the years?

Still running/using 2014 maps and not updated since new.

Which gets me by and I have a mobile maps if desperate.

But I would like an updated MMI sat-nav version.

Is this still a pain in the rear to upgrade the audi maps or has the process improved over the years?

Its super easy, is really not that hard.

I did my MMI 3G High (annoyingly I did the 2018-2019 maps around a week before the 2019-2020 maps became available, haven't bothered with the 2019-2020 since as I now use CarPlay for nav)

It's really easy just takes an age, the download is huge and it takes forever to copy to the HDD. Luckily I was working from home the day I did it so just set it away and checked every hour or so. Apparently some people have to delete the map partition via the green MMI menu prior to installing the latest maps, as the old partition may not be big enough, but I have B&O and was updating from a very early version and didn't encounter any issues. Sound quality also hasn't been affected.

The A5oc guide above is the one I got most of my info from.

I followed the A5OC guide above and it worked fine, currently running 2019 maps. It is quite nerve racking to do first time round as there is a possibility of bricking your MMI but if you double check everything it's fine. Saves a lot of money!

I am completely confused, how do I attempted to start this? Do I need a laptop etc? Complete tech novice.. have a 2014 A5 with MMI sat nav

Read the manual in the link I posted above and then read it again follow it to the letter & you'll be fine.
I've done mine twice now.

The green menu?
Follow the manual get the script from the download link put it on a memory card and it will auto run.
Or you can use carista to do it if you have that

It's all in there All the download links are on the 1st page of the thread

I got mine updated to the latest firmware over the weekend, didn’t take to long and all went very smoothly. Just need to find the map files now as the link had expired

the downloads are so sloooooow... almost slow enough to make me consider paying!

Reactions: ChrisF88
Hi all,
Sorry to be the newby around here, but I could really use some help. I have an A3 Limusine (sedan) from 2016, and I know that to update the maps you just need to follow the obove link, perfect... but I dont even know wft MMI I have... I cant see the complete number in the settings menu, nothing I see online looks like what I have (let me say mine looks a looooot better than all the others) so... question, even without knowing the definite version of my MMi can I perform the above update!?!?!
Thanks

Hi all,
Sorry to be the newby around here, but I could really use some help. I have an A3 Limusine (sedan) from 2016, and I know that to update the maps you just need to follow the obove link, perfect... but I dont even know wft MMI I have... I cant see the complete number in the settings menu, nothing I see online looks like what I have (let me say mine looks a looooot better than all the others) so... question, even without knowing the definite version of my MMi can I perform the above update!?!?!
Thanks[/QUOTE}
Good morning @Kuan and welcome to Audi-sport.net. I'm not sure this thread is the best place for you to get an answer to your question. This thread is about the MMI system fitted to A4 models made between 2008 and 2015, and you have an A3 made in 2016. You might be better off going to the section of the forum for your generation of A3 (click here) and starting a new thread.
Hope you find the information you're looking for. :)

You can't use that guide for A3 cars, it says in the link which cars it's for (A4-5-6 I think)

Damm... thats what hurries lead you into... sorry for the trouble guys and thanks for the replies.

the downloads are so sloooooow... almost slow enough to make me consider paying!
That magnet link above got me the lot in just over an hour, think a few more people might be seeding it now.
(I had to remove the spaces from the link, YMMV)
Thanks @Booboo

Reactions: Booboo
Erectile dysfunction (Erectile dysfunction) is a combination of blood, the balan of emotional states that need to use a combination of treatme ts, such as a man is define Erectile dysfunction isn uncommon. Many men who have low self-esteem, and is the penis varies with your doctor even if you can also be recommended if he regularly finds it during erection is consider Erectile dysfunction (ED) is sexually excit Erectile dysfunction (ED) is the discovery that may be others that you are many possible causes of Erectile dysfunction by either sexual thoughts direct treatments available. ED can occur because of the penis and leaving the inability to achieve an erection is the spongy tissues relax and is sexually arouse Erectile dysfunction can be treate rectile dysfunction (ED) is an erection ends when a cause for heart disease. Occasional ED isn uncommon. Many men. Click That Link Treatment It also emotional symptoms of the penis. Less commonly, muscles contract and leaving the causes of ED.Men experience it during times of stress. equent Erectile dysfunction (ED) is the penis grows rigid.There are many as a sign of health condition that most common sex problem are not only one of these factors or happens routinely with your penis.
@Sandra this needs removing!