How to update MMI Sat Nav without going to the Audi dealers?

Shame we don't get the same as A3/S3 owners with the tech pack.

Jealous now. They get 5 free map updates!

Is that an official policy? Do you have a link?
I have an S3 coming up for 3 years old and have never had an update as far as I know. Now noticing a number of speed limits on my new commute are wrong so would like an update but not at the £500+ I'm seeing on the dealers website.
Have called Audi and said I believe they should be included - awaiting response - so any evidence of this would be greatly appreciated in case they think differently.

And no surprise that they came back with a cost of nearly £250 and told me no updates are included.
That's £191 for the update and half an hours labour charge.

I updated my maps to 2016 with a disc and a SD card that I bought off ebay, I seem to remember it being a simple easy process!

@DJAlix is best for that.

Depends where are you but he did my sw and sat nav maps few months ago and all perfect at the good price also

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you have a 3g+ system 900 isn't the newest firmware and doesn't included the map. You can down load it free from the A5oc link I posted if it is the 3g+ you need

So was I !! But if buy a decent 32gb class 10 sd card & download the appropriate firmware for your 3g+ & use the modified if you have Bose or B&O you cant go wrong. Download & print off the how to book from the a5OC site & read it. With in the thread pages there is a torrent link for the Euro maps, that will be quicker. I installed the maps via AMI USB. The firmware took 40mins & the maps took 1hr 20mins

I used micro with adaptor. Yes the card you mentioned will be fine.
Do you have VCDS to clear the error code.
Not necessary for it to work ok just clears things in the VCDS scan.

Reactions: dimitar.tuntov.5
I had @DJAlix to update my sat nav, sw and fw.
It took him good 4-5 hours.

Charger is necessary as you don’t want juice to run out in the middle of it. It may end you up with sw error.

I had @DJAlix to update my sat nav, sw and fw.
It took him good 4-5 hours.

Charger is necessary as you don’t want juice to run out in the middle of it. It may end you up with sw error.

Thanks KrisKrk for the quick reply. 3-4 hours will definitely eat up all the battery juice. I'll see if I can rent a battery charger somewhere.
Another question I have for y'all:

How to tell exactly which MMI processor I have?
The commercial lady at my Audi dealership was very vague about all kinds of information, and barely knew what/how to answer my questions.
This was end of 2014 when I ordered my Audi A4 s-Line with B&O, xenon headlights and sunroof supplements. I will take pictures of my dashboard along with all the reference numbers available on the dash board, maybe that will he help you deipher what MMI I have.

Will post the items shortly.

Do you mean if you have 3g+?
I did map and firmware update. It Took 40 mins to do the firmware most of that time was doing the DAB. I have to say the reception has been 100% since doing it, and 1¾ hours to do map. Just turn all lights and all fans/climate off set it off and leave it.

Thanks KrisKrk for the quick reply. 3-4 hours will definitely eat up all the battery juice. I'll see if I can rent a battery charger somewhere.
Another question I have for y'all:

How to tell exactly which MMI processor I have?
The commercial lady at my Audi dealership was very vague about all kinds of information, and barely knew what/how to answer my questions.
This was end of 2014 when I ordered my Audi A4 s-Line with B&O, xenon headlights and sunroof supplements. I will take pictures of my dashboard along with all the reference numbers available on the dash board, maybe that will he help you deipher what MMI I have.

Will post the items shortly.

No expert here but all info I gave to @DJAlox was a screenshot of mmi sw and fw versions. From there, he knew all I need for the process of update of both + sat nav maps.

Lady from stealership, simply tried to push you to buy the update services from them, for a huge money.
I been quoted £79 for the discs and 4 hours of labour @ £60?+vat, if I remember correctly. It was more than year ago.

Speak to one of guys who knows this stuff in & out and they’ll guide you through.

I have Audi 2014 maps running from MMI HDD-based

If I get 2017 maps on a SD card will it possible to get SAT NAV MMI to use the 2017 maps from the SD card instead?

No you need to wipe the HDD partition and install the 2017 map & then activate it.

Reactions: A4A4
I have a 2010 S4 and updated to Software (from this thread last year)

HNav_EU_K0257_6_D1 and Nav Database 8R0060884ED ECE 6.24.2

Is that the latest version? Is there anyway of getting either Google maps or 7 digit postcode? I've hit a few issues over the last few months, where I've had to get to locations, where the 1st part of the postcode is no help, as the roads are very rural (Lake district for example)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

I have a 2010 S4 and updated to Software (from this thread last year)

HNav_EU_K0257_6_D1 and Nav Database 8R0060884ED ECE 6.24.2

Is that the latest version? Is there anyway of getting either Google maps or 7 digit postcode? I've hit a few issues over the last few months, where I've had to get to locations, where the 1st part of the postcode is no help, as the roads are very rural (Lake district for example)

No

Reactions: mrbubba
Someone has posted a link to a new release on the A5 owners website