How to turn off DIS Efficiency Messages and Gear Change Indicators on MY2014 A4

NATOuk

Reaction score
I'm getting used to my new A4 Black Edition, however unlike the A1 I drove previously, I can't seem to find a way of turning off the efficiency messages in the DIS or the gear change indicators.

The reason I want to is because I like the 'efficiency mode' display on the DIS as it has a lot of useful figures all on the single screen (Range, Current MPG, Average MPG etc). However, the gear change indicator is shocking (it wants me to change up FAR too early, and even into 6th at really low speeds) and it keeps coming up 'Observe gear change indicator' messages which I keep ignoring or pressing the button to dismiss.

Is there any way of turning this feature off? It's REALLY annoying!

I've turned mine off on my 09 B8 however mine never used to come up with any efficiency messages, just the green gear advisory thing.
The option was hidden somewhere in the mmi.
I'll have a look and let you know where the option was on mine

Mine is in the mmi. If you press car, then instrument cluster, and the suggested gear option is in there

Mine is in the mmi. If you press car, then instrument cluster, and the suggested gear option is in there

I don't remember seeing that option, I'll double check. Is yours the latest 'facelift' model?

I have looked there (apologies for the delay in reply), there's no such option on my MY2014 version. I might reach out to Audi to ask if there's any way of turning it off some other way. Very annoying they would remove that option!