How to tell if your car has been Remapped

Jenno007

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I own a BAM S3. I have fitted a 80mm TIP and a pod filter. Aside from that the car is standard (engine wise).
On my liquid gauge I hit 237 hp (more than the car comes from the factory with??). Is it possible that my car has been remapped? I've also seen it hit 16psi. I would expect more than this from a remap but it seems like that is too much for a standard car. Also this was with about 35 degree AIT's. I will try on a cold night and see what I can get (I'm expecting more).

Tuffty has said that you can see more boost once you fit a larger TIP but how about 10hp+ more than standard?

Aside from logging boost and hp are there any other easy methods to find out?

Cheers

Well the liquid guage is not going to be completey correct with regards to bhp output. Standard boost is about 12psi but the car will usually boost slightly more on a warm day compared to a cold day as the air will be denser. 16psi does Soinds pretty high, most remaps are around 19/20psi. Best to log block 115 and see what the request is.

if its boring and gutless its mapped!
if its so tragically slow looking at the speedo makes it feel like time has in fact stopped, its standard.

Well the liquid guage is not going to be completey correct with regards to bhp output. Standard boost is about 12psi but the car will usually boost slightly more on a warm day compared to a cold day as the air will be denser. 16psi does Soinds pretty high, most remaps are around 19/20psi. Best to log block 115 and see what the request is.

Thanks for the reply, I've seen somewhere that it is normal for the BAM's to run 14psi standard, I guess there isn't a definitive number?
Logging block 115, what is the highest number I should see on a standard car would you think?

if its boring and gutless its mapped!
if its so tragically slow looking at the speedo makes it feel like time has in fact stopped, its standard.

Well my other car has 530hp at the wheels so my S3 feels like it's going in reverse :p hopefully not for long though..

Reactions: daz-20vt
0.8bar is std boost... if request is around that then its std... I have seen a std BAM make over 230hp with a badger5 TIP and other stage 2 bolts ons...

<tuffty/>

Reactions: Broken Byzan
Thanks tuffty. I'll log standard boost and see what it hits. I'm praying it hasn't been mapped.

Lee I would prefer not to have to spend ~$100 to find out. It would be the easiest way though

My car was running close to 240bhp with standard map and a B5 Tip according to my liquid gauge, don't know what psi I was getting though.
I doubt your car is mapped, and if it was it would be a poor map anyway.

My car was running close to 240bhp with standard map and a B5 Tip according to my liquid gauge, don't know what psi I was getting though.
I doubt your car is mapped, and if it was it would be a poor map anyway.

Perfect, thank you. I'm glad others have had similar numbers. Now I can look forward to a power increase with a map :D

What torque are you showing on the liquid ?
Mine was still only about 209lb ft, a map will take that up to 260 +
Very noticeable !

What torque are you showing on the liquid ?
Mine was still only about 209lb ft, a map will take that up to 260 +
Very noticeable !

I haven't checked torque I will check that after work today.

220ft pounds :/

Will check requested boost on my way home from the gym. It seems I have the world's worst map loaded :/.

Maybe the air is denser here in Australia

On the way home from the gym I couldn't get over 206ft pounds. Must have been a boost spike before or something. Also commanded boost Max was 13.8. I'm very excited my car must have the standard map!