How to take pins out of a 6 pin connector?

retrofix

Reaction score
Kind of a dumb question, but I accidentally put a wire into a wrong pin inside a 6 pin connector as shown:

Screenshot_2.png

How do I get it out? Can't seem to figure out where the clip that holds it sits. I tried to push it from the outside, inside (under is not possible because there's another row of pins).

Any idea?

There's 2 rectangular holes above and below the pin hole, stick two iPhone sim holder remover (or Molex extractor) in them to release the catch.

I can highly recommend this kit off eBay click me. Mine took only a couple of days to arrive and at £3.99 cracking value & quality. I've always struggled with jewelers screwdrivers but this kit has already saved me so much messing.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.png

Kind of a dumb question, but I accidentally put a wire into a wrong pin inside a 6 pin connector as shown:

Screenshot_2.png

How do I get it out? Can't seem to figure out where the clip that holds it sits. I tried to push it from the outside, inside (under is not possible because there's another row of pins).

Any idea?
As a retrofitted this is something you should really know. Grab yourself some professional tools:

https://www.lasertools.co.uk/product/7293

I can highly recommend this kit off eBay click me. Mine took only a couple of days to arrive and at £3.99 cracking value & quality. I've always struggled with jewelers screwdrivers but this kit has already saved me so much messing.

I tried this kit but it still won't come out. I need something stronger.

What’s the part number of the connector housing and what’s the number of the repair wire?

I took a trip to a VW dealership and asked the electricity guy to help me. He borrowed me the needed tool. For anyone that's interested, it's called "VAS 1978/7A", as seen here.

Connector housing part number is 3B0972724. Note that this tool will also work on diagonal housing like 4H0973713 (both used for LED backlight housings for the 8v).

Using this tool compared to the cheap Chinese generic one posted by @ST200 is amazing. The pins come out like butter while the cheap Chinese tool just breaks.

I took a trip to a VW dealership and asked the electricity guy to help me. He borrowed me the needed tool. For anyone that's interested, it's called "VAS 1978/7A", as seen here.

Connector housing part number is 3B0972724. Note that this tool will also work on diagonal housing like 4H0973713 (both used for LED backlight housings for the 8v).

Using this tool compared to the cheap Chinese generic one posted by @ST200 is amazing. The pins come out like butter while the cheap Chinese tool just breaks.
You need the tools I linked then

You need the tools I linked then

Yes I know, I’ll use the link you provided. Just wanted to write the exact name and part number for future reference for members. Thank you!