How to scan for parking sensor faults

TAF36

Reaction score
Hi guys

as per title really, just borrowed a mates vcds while he is away and just wondering how what module to scan to check which one of the sensors are not working.

Just do an autoscan and see what comes up.

Put your ignition on (engine off) place the car in reverse and go and sit in the boot. Then just put your hands in front of each sensor one by one lol.

Put your ignition on (engine off) place the car in reverse and go and sit in the boot. Then just put your hands in front of each sensor one by one lol.

I tried listening to the sensors, not quiet sitting in the boot lol.... Problem is it swaps which one is working and which one isnt. One sensor goes out, the whole system stops working but it wont stick with one sensor... Intermittent with 3 of them so far

So it's going to be the control module and not the actual sensors. Firstly id go check the wiring as it is fitted 'aftermarket' in Inglostadt, Germany. So you'll see it isn't in the OEM harness fully. Go to the boot and open the right hand side compartment. You'll see a little black box with a red cathode number display. Follow all the wires from there. I'll try and get a picture of where I mean.

oSk7FAp.jpg

My car is a 05 reg b7.... I'm pretty sure the module does not look like that one.. From what I've been told it's on the left hand side behind the boot trims