How to remove Service Due message

Bob Klein

Reaction score
Warranty Expired, so I now change my own oil but Service Due message comes up whenever starting. Dealer previously reset during Warranty. Does anyone know how to rest it?

You will need one of the software options I believe. Carista, OBDeleven or VCDS.

I know OBDeleven can do it and VCDS but do not know about Carista, I strongly suspect it can but you would need to find out for sure.

Carista can also do it with the paid for version.

On some cars you can reset the oil service in car settings on the MMI, but this will only do time/distance servicing not variable.

I do have Carista but doesn’t work well with my Apple Phone, my Techie Son will help me this weekend, I will report results

I'm not 100% sure but in the MMI menu should have something that allows you to reset the service due

Carista resets the service indicator fine from my iPhone. I do have the full version from before they brought in the subscription method. don't know if that would make a difference, thought it was just the customisations that weren't on the free version? I might be wrong though.

Use the VCDS map and see who is close by. All the apps above are capable. Nothing worse then an annoying pop up lol :blahblah1: