How to remove dog hairs

B5NUT

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Need some help with this one, I'm trying to get rid of lots of dog hars in the boot of an A3, but the hover is not really making a dent in the job, would be their for hours may be days... There has to be an easier way

Upload 2019 3 23 13 9 15

A few suggestions

Sticky clothes roller although may not be tacky enough to pull out the hairs
Sellotape
Rubber washing up glove rubbed over to loosen them and follow up with the vacuum

Good luck with this you may be doing it for a while

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jassyo06
Get one of them pet hair brushes, couple of quid and made of rubber. Few passes would be required

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jassyo06
You need to use a nail brush and the thin nozzle attachment of the hoover.
Brush, then hoover get a rythmn going and you will be fine.
It is time consuming tho.
Having a white springer, spaniel I know all about this.
It took me 2 hours doing the avant before I part exed it and it was really quite bad.

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Janice_3S3
Thanks all, I will give some of them a try.

Reactions: CHEZ
get a roll of brown parcel tape, wind some around your hand( sticky side out.lol) and then dab or slowly wipe over the hairs, you'll be amazed how well it works.
We used to have the same problem with short coated gundogs and hair in cars, I know what your dealing with.
I tried loads of things before trying the brown tape method.
Its not 100% but does get a lot out of the pile and then use a decent vacuum to remove the looser ones.

good luck chap.

Reactions: CHEZ
Half the problem with short haired pets is that the hairs are quite short & rigid and tend to get pushed into the pile , vacuums will get the loose surface ones off but can also push the rest further into the pile and the more you run the hoover head over them the more they get pushed into the pile.
You need to pull the hairs outwards from the direction they went in ,tape works very well for this process as it hold onto the hair instead of just pushing them around making them more embedded.
the stickier the tape the better, don't rub the tape over the hairs more than needbe if you can help, dabbing works best , same applies to seats and headlining.

Yep, and I know these are from a bulldog, and appear to be well dug into the fabric...

Not a chance, I'd like to finish before the car erodes way.....

In the end I went with this method, it really did work.

Reactions: kcpism