How to remove climate control unit switches/facia?

c_w

Reaction score
Hi, can someone help on how to remove the climate control unit? I've removed the radio but can't see any obvious clips or screws for it. I want to get to the back of the unit, thanks.

it just pulls out, but if it's at the bottom, then if am remembering correctly you have to take the side handles off, an there 2 screws under gearbox cover as well to get the handles off... then just pulls out.

Thanks, my car has the standard single DIN radio so the climate is in the "middle", so it lerally just pulls out!? Where's best to pull as I did try it a little but didn't want to break anything (this was with the radio out).

pul solidly from the bottom and the top it will come out same procedure for both double and single din

Problem with just yanking them out is the clips can ping of & get lost in the center console, I strongly advise not doing this as its a strong possibility whole console out if this happens as could have a constant rattle from the clip whilst driving.

The spring clips need to be depressed slightly to remove climate easily, once 1-2 are loose the other 2 dont need touching as they are made loose by the lack of pressure on the other 2/unit fixing, get torch in there & have a poke about.

never had that happen but then i usually yank the bottom and ease the top out with plastic spreaders

I have & believe me its a big ball breaker when it does, I mean massive, found 1 hidden under the airbag controller, but of course cant get to this without the whole center console coming out.

center console still isnt that bad a strip though but i must admit id be ****** if it happened to me ;)

Depends whose doing it huh Phil lmfao

Problem with just yanking them out is the clips can ping of & get lost in the center console, I strongly advise not doing this as its a strong possibility whole console out if this happens as could have a constant rattle from the clip whilst driving.

The spring clips need to be depressed slightly to remove climate easily, once 1-2 are loose the other 2 dont need touching as they are made loose by the lack of pressure on the other 2/unit fixing, get torch in there & have a poke about.
i had one go ping when i fitted my hands free kit in my car now its rattling its tits off behind the radio somewhere i'll pull it apart sometime its doing me head in so i can strongly recommend doing as nhn says

I rest my case lmfao, thats a bitch to find aswell, double sided sticky tape helps on end of a coat hanger.

haha guess ive been lucky guys as ive taken units in and out 20+ times now with no problem

Thats cause all your spring clips are now in the footwell lmfao

haha its been on other cars, and they were always still in place its my magic hands ;) though the missus probably has some witty retort to that

Well it came out with a bit of a harder but controll pull! Thanks. It felt to me that the top unclipped and then it kind of came out and unhooked from the bottom.

Last edited:
haha its been on other cars, and they were always still in place its my magic hands ;) though the missus probably has some witty retort to that

Well it came out with a bit of a harder but controll pull! Thanks. It felt to me that the top unclipped and then it kind of came out and unhooked from the bottom.

Does this read as though we're on a car site or what lmfao

Did it again today and it was much easier coming out this time hehe

I hear swarfega would make it easier with a slight bit of roughness lmfao

aww thats just wrong mate, on the other hand i hear barrier cream can help deal with friction burns ;)

lmfao, bit like philadelphia, wrong but so right lol

whats that say about us then Phil lmfao