How to remove Bonnet Release Bracket (8T2823633)

lincoln_dj

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi peeps just a quick one hopefully,

(2008 A5)
The bracket that holds the bonnet release lever (and cable) has broken (pic below, and item 22 in diagram). I've orded a replacement (part number 8T2823633) but can't see how to remove it, there's no screws that I can see? Any tips please?

Bonnet Release Bracket

Item 22 bonnet release bracket

Move the wires aside, iirc there's one screw & a lower hook that holds it in place for the screw, I'm sure I'm correct, but work on variety so maybe slightly of lol, but it looks like that kinda fixing.

Thanks for the reply NHN. The screw was already missing so just gave it a variety of wiggles/pulls, to no avail.

Since the part holding the cable was broken anyway I figured I'd give good old brute force a go. There's 4 prongs that slide into holes, one of which broke off. Looked like it would be a PITA to remove without breaking anyway tbh!

I'll share a photo of the rear of the new bracket when it arrives in case it's of future use to anyone. regards which way it needs to be pulled etc

I think it had at least 1 screw as the locating lugs, prongs were just a positioning thing, as the diagram shows a threaded insert.

Iirc remove screw then slide out of the locating holes, can't remember all chassis's lol.

I think it had at least 1 screw as the locating lugs, prongs were just a positioning thing, as the diagram shows a threaded insert.

Iirc remove screw then slide out of the locating holes, can't remember all chassis's lol.

Yeah think it should have been as easy as you say, just wasnt sure which way to pull and how hard - then realised it's being replaced anyway lol

Pic here shows where the screw should have been...

Bonnet 2

Ah yes somebody been there before.

I remember now, it slides in from sideways, remove screw iirc & or lift that center locking tab to the left of the screw hole, then it releases.