How to remove a rear screen without any damage

MPH

Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Hi everybody looking to remove the rear screen from damaged tailgate where to start what tools are required for example I know you need some sort of wire to cut the sealant out any help would be appreciated thanks in advance MPH.

was gonna say exactly that, last one i saw done was basically a cheese wire to cut out the silicone.

nope sorry, the guy used a long craft knife to make a small hole to pass the wire thro, then sorta sawed his way thro the thing. was the windscreen on the van tho, not a rear screen. as its not a broken screen, i guess its a case of just being careful.

Reactions: MPH
I was going to say cheese wire aswell..but do at your own risk

Fair enough just be careful you dont want to crack the glass.. personally I reckon you should get someone out to do it

Reactions: danny_dj3
stab it in and then use the wire n handle to pull the metal point thro the silicone, looks iffy to me tbh.

i would be tempted to grab some 2.5-5mm cable, like brake cable for bikes, and carefully pop a hole thro the silicone and try to cut the stuff out by keeping the cable away from the glass and back against the metal, if its damaged [tailgate] then you dont have to worry bout messing it up.

Reactions: MPH