How to play a dvd whilst driving on mmi

syed123

Reaction score
Hi all,

Currently have a long journey up north today and wanted to know if there's anyone in the north west London area who does vcds.

Wanted to play a movie on the mmi whilst driving for the kids!

Thanks,

Syed

You'll need VIM (Video in Motion) coded to do so... be warned the safety police will be on to you asking for this.

Reactions: WesT-gefül and syed123
Would they be able to see the screen though? Even if not in child seats and sat behind driver/front seat passenger surely it wont be an enjoyable watch?

Better off using a tablet. I've done 7hr journeys with my three and once plugged in its like they don't exist. God send!

Would they be able to see the screen though? Even if not in child seats and sat behind driver/front seat passenger surely it wont be an enjoyable watch?

Better off using a tablet. I've done 7hr journeys with my three and once plugged in its like they don't exist. God send!

I could do! Just thought it would be better on the screen as u get the added sound effects! It's not the best watch but good enough I suppose.

Think u can unlock the feature using vcds but don't have the cable.

Hi all,

Currently have a long journey up north today and wanted to know if there's anyone in the north west London area who does vcds.

Wanted to play a movie on the mmi whilst driving for the kids!

Thanks,

Syed
Am based in Muswell Hill, North London.

VCDS cannot be used to unlock VIM on B9 vehicles.

Reactions: syed123
Bout yourself OBD as you can activate it on their. But like outhers have said, it’s illegal to watch any DVD’s when driving x

Reactions: syed123
Youd be better off gettin a tablet holder, amazon has some good ones (get a holder which swivels) Download a few things from netflix or amazon prime, clip the holder onto the back headrest, connect the tablet to your cars Bluetooth so the sound comes through your cars speakers.

I do this with my kids works fine for them.

Reactions: SRB93 and syed123
Hi All,

I’m struggling with my Audi MMI. Able to connect everything on my media player but I’m unable to get my DVDs/CDs to play. The option is faded on the source menu and when I click on the option, I receive an error message, ‘No playable data found on medium’, even though it recognises the disc in the reader and displays the name of the disc ‘AUDI_AG.’

would anybody be able to shed some light on this.

Which version of the MMI have you got, SD card based sat nav or MMI plus? I believe that only the MMI plus can play DVD's..

Hi Cuke2U cheers for the response.
There are SD slots on the central unit. Only reason I’m confused, is that I have a Audi Introduction DVD when I bought the car so I thought it would have DVD compatibility.

If you have sd card based sat nav then one of the card slots will be occupied. However, when you start up the car what does the MMI boot up screen say?