How to make the best noises out of the RS3

Callump01

Reaction score
Interesting video, thought I would share.

I'd say the most fun to do is probably the "rolling launch" one! Throws you back in your seat...

Reactions: mangobay and BadBoyWhiteRaps
Saw this earlier, one of the comments talking about individual mode for best pops. Not sure I agree, but keen to hear what others think.

Saw this earlier, one of the comments talking about individual mode for best pops. Not sure I agree, but keen to hear what others think.

Not a chance, Best for me by miles is Dynamic mode, into S then into Manual and hit the revs just right, bang bang banggggggg

Save your bucks buy a PFL model:tearsofjoy:

Reactions: AudiNutta and D0C
Manual mode dynamic is best for me in making a decent noise, thats shifting up and down.

Interesting video, thought I would share.

I'd say the most fun to do is probably the "rolling launch" one! Throws you back in your seat...

Can the rolling launch be done on pfl ? If so how ??

How do you make it back fire? That’s what I love to hear.

How do you make it back fire? That’s what I love to hear.

I find mine backfires when I’ve been driving it especially hard before hand for a good five minutes, then just keep it in dynamic and sports, it really cracks on the downshift. One the other day was unbelievably loud...seemed twice as loud as usual. Guy behind must have sh@t himself ha

Reactions: neg, zippster and AudiNutta
I find mine backfires when I’ve been driving it especially hard before hand for a good five minutes, then just keep it in dynamic and sports, it really cracks on the downshift. One the other day was unbelievably loud...seemed twice as loud as usual. Guy behind must have sh@t himself ha

I know the exact crack you mean and I've had it twice. Also, yeah, rag it for a few minutes and you'll get all the cracks you want.

Reactions: zippster

Apart from first start up in the morning, my FL backfires all day long, best one though is on 2nd start-up, it fires up with the sound of a shotgun going off, and great when other people are around, the look on their faces is quality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First time I’ve heard about a rolling launch!! Can’t wait to try it
So you just pull down a gear and hit accelerator a split second after?

First time I’ve heard about a rolling launch!! Can’t wait to try it
So you just pull down a gear and hit accelerator a split second after?

Exactly that, be around 3k revs, drop a gear and immediately floor the accelerator - but I'd say don't do it too often as I should imagine it's pretty harsh and I have noticed that the oil temps can climb afterwards.

Get a stage 1 map and a PWC exhaust mod, get it hot, down shift from 3rd into 2nd at 1,500 rpm and again 2nd into 1st, get it right and it sounds like its blowing the back box off. I do it pulling up to traffic lights and it turns heads from everyone sat at the lights. We're not talking 'popping' here, we're taking proper backfiring. I know when there's a big one coming as you can feel it travel up the exhaust underneath the drivers seat. It also machine guns if you downshift over 3k (prrrapap,pap,pap) :playful: so childish.

Reactions: FBF01
Get a stage 1 map and a PWC exhaust mod, get it hot, down shift from 3rd into 2nd at 1,500 rpm and again 2nd into 1st, get it right and it sounds like its blowing the back box off. I do it pulling up to traffic lights and it turns heads from everyone sat at the lights. We're not talking 'popping' here, we're taking proper backfiring. I know when there's a big one coming as you can feel it travel up the exhaust underneath the drivers seat. It also machine guns if you downshift over 3k (prrrapap,pap,pap) :playful: so childish.

I’m interested to try your 3rd, 2nd to 1st scenario.

Have you had pops and bangs mapped in?

Yes mate, must be destroying my cat! lol

Reactions: AudiNutta
definitely better once the exhaust is hot that's for sure.

The annoying thing is dynamic is still different to individual with engine and gearbox in dynamic mode, Dynamic seems to be its own unique mode which you only get ... in dynamic.

So this PCW mod is for those with standard back boxes to get the sports back box version (or as close to it). Can a part PCW mod be done on the sports exhaust are we saying? No backbox but on the other silencers?

Reactions: FBF01
definitely better once the exhaust is hot that's for sure.

The annoying thing is dynamic is still different to individual with engine and gearbox in dynamic mode, Dynamic seems to be its own unique mode which you only get ... in dynamic.

So this PCW mod is for those with standard back boxes to get the sports back box version (or as close to it). Can a part PCW mod be done on the sports exhaust are we saying? No backbox but on the other silencers?

The PCW mod applies to all parts of both the standard and sports exhaust, the difference after having the sports system done is huge... absolutely love it.

What stage 1 map did you go for please mate? APR?

What stage 1 map did you go for please mate? APR?

I'm Stage2 now mate, very different car than Stage 1. I had it done by CustomCode in Chesterfield (JBS). Planning on shifting it soon though. I love it, but getting bored with it being a bit of a one-trick pony. It's massively fast but it's like driving a PlayStation and where can you enjoy its speed without going to jail?! lol

I'm Stage2 now mate, very different car than Stage 1. I had it done by CustomCode in Chesterfield (JBS). Planning on shifting it soon though. I love it, but getting bored with it being a bit of a one-trick pony. It's massively fast but it's like driving a PlayStation and where can you enjoy its speed without going to jail?! lol
I bet mate! so true, any time im gunning it im dreading passing a car its an undercover. Im happy with the power for now but i was some more pops and bangs. I got an 18 plate with standard exhaust so will be paying PCW a visit asap. Any other suggestions? My local tuner who does apr maps said the stage 1 wont effect the pops and bangs id need a stage 2 but apr have put stage 2 on hold at the moment because of new regs in America