How to locate family members in a care home residential location?

Charlie Farley

Chilling out.
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
As in the title really chaps.
I'm trying to locate the current location of a family member , from my investigation so far he's living in a residential care home in the east of england somewhere, and that as far as i can get .
Due to sour grapes between other step family members that know his location they are not forthcoming with those details, which is sad and just uncalled for, but some people are just like that.

Anyway, if anyone can suggest how i can locate the care home by his name or similar i'd be very greatful.

many thanks.

rob

Would they be registered on electoral role bud?

Not really sure, i only have very broad area of location.
I've tried search by name etc but no joy, the step daughter has no plans to disclose the address.

not sure where to go from here really.

I don't think you in for an easy ride here, all Council / Private care homes would be bound by The Data Protection Act and will not divulge any details very easily.
Perhaps an old neighbour, old friends, work place, any clubs or organisations that he belonged to would be able to help?

Reactions: Charlie Farley
Surely as he is my father in law that would give my some leverage.

Need to find the location before having "leverage" to see him, no doubt something more to the story else location would be known.

Had a similar situation in my family but with us on the good side and zero information was relaid to others even after they passed away which was a relief as the funeral would have resulted in more funerals.

Family lives, not allways smooth sailing when it involves step family members and life's too short to let minor disagreements end in sadness.

Sadly she seems to think otherwise and won't have a bar of anyone else getting in contact with him, even his own daughter is being denied access, not sure on how to take this further really.
I feel that if i get heavy about the situation the step daughter will just stir things up even more and just push things further apart.

Have you tried speaking to local adult social care services for the area?

So far i've just come up against a brick wall with most avenues but not giving up just yet.

Even all,
Just an update really and to say , never give up on something no matter how difficult it may seem.
I'd all but given up hope of locating Him, but hadn't totally stopped when yesterday I had an email from an old friend with some possibly good news.
He'd seen a video on Facebook put up by the stepdaughter which seemed to show my father in law at a care home in Ipswich.
She'd also put the name of the home aswell, now that was a real bonus as I was able to backtrack from it to get the details and sure enough that's where he is currently a resident.
The stepdaughter still won't disclose his location etc but it doesn't matter now as I have the info, sometimes life has a way of helping out.

So hopefully a chance of a fresh start for my wife and her father albeit a few year later than would be liked.

thanks for all the help guys
merry xmas
rob

Reactions: pburv, Sandra, Alistair D and 1 other person
Alls well that ends well, glad you found them.

Reactions: Alistair D and Charlie Farley
Family or more like lack of, are at times the worst part of our lives, unfortunately.