1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

How to Install an Audi UTR dashcam

jrumball Sep 9, 2018

1. jrumball

jrumball Well-Known Member Sportback Audi A3 etron Cosmos Blue

I suggest if you are not happy and it was installed by Audi on a brand new car that you just take it straight back to them remember that you can reject a car for any reason within 30 days of delivery so they will want to give you no reason to reject the car =)

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. Sheroo

Sheroo New Member

Hi,

Thanks for getting back to me, it's not a brand new Audi, I purchased it from Audi Finchley as a nearly new car, however as I live in The North, I got my local Audi to install the UTR. Anyway, I've got a couple of pics that makes it a little clearer. Do you think that gap is normal? It can't be seen but I can slide my fingers in it as opposed to the drivers side. What do you think?

Attached Files:

4. DJAlix

DJAlix VAG Car Coding™ Site Sponsor Team Ibis VAG Can Professional Gold Supporter VCDS Map User quattro ODIS (Offboard Diagnostic System)

Finchley Audi is just down the road from me :)

Its gonna be pretty much normal to be honest. Looks like your installer might have pulled a bit too hard on the headliner in order to tuck the cable away. Only way to deal with this would be with double sided tape.

5. Sheroo

Sheroo New Member

Thanks, it was Audi Huddersfield who did this, so I'm pondering on whether I take it back or just leave it. It doesn't rattle but it is niggling away in the back of my mind.

6. Sheroo

Sheroo New Member

Pics posted on the open forum for others to see, thanks for the help and guidance to jrumball.

Attached Files:

7. DJAlix

DJAlix VAG Car Coding™ Site Sponsor Team Ibis VAG Can Professional Gold Supporter VCDS Map User quattro ODIS (Offboard Diagnostic System)

Only way to resolve this if you are not happy is to have them attempt a fix, which will prolly just be double sided tape. Changing the headliner might introduce most issues that it will resolve, noise / rattles and further fitment issues.

8. Sheroo

Sheroo New Member

Thanks, I will discuss it with them, if they can't do anything I'm not too bothered.

9. Sheroo

Sheroo New Member

Also, the UTR firmware updated today and now I cannot connect to it, it looks like the password reset but even then I cannot connect to it. Any ideas?

10. jrumball

jrumball Well-Known Member Sportback Audi A3 etron Cosmos Blue

Sensible advice , but if your not happy I would return it to the installer =)

11. Sheroo

Sheroo New Member

Taking to Audi next week, also going to try to get the rear one installed, Audi initially advised that because I have a rear sunblind they don't recommend it.

12. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

13. MattC_STFC

MattC_STFC New Member

I'm also looking for the Q5 installation manual, any help would be greatly appreciated

14. MarttiMat

MarttiMat Active Member

Nice job on the write up! I am sure those that purchase this kit will find this useful if they DYI.

@DJAlix - You mentioned BlackVue, I just picked up one of their cams. Since BlackVue's unit hard-wire options are just power and ground, would the switched green power fuse tap (f34/35) mentioned here be sufficient power? I do not have access to the wiring diagram but I assume 7.5 amp fuse rating is more than sufficient while allowing J519 to properly switch off power to the unit when the car is parked? Thanks for the feedback!

15. DJAlix

Sorry, the only fuse I remember is F20. I always like to test.m Grab yourself a volt meter, a fuse tap and a 3amp fuse. If the fuse highlighted in green is switched then tap in and use the 3amp fuse. 7.5amp is too high, 2 or 3amp is what's needed. If you have the Power Magic Pro box then tap in to any of the fuses on the row highlighted in yellow as they should all be perma live. Make sure your Taps' tail faces up or your add-in fuse will be bypassed.

Fuse Box.jpg

MarttiMat likes this.
  16. flyboystan

flyboystan New Member

Hi , Any one done a 2018 SQ5. Got the Audi kit but lacking some info. Mainly interested what fuses to use for what colour?