How to Hotspot enable using OBD11 long coding please

Jehanzeb

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am trying to enable Hotspot on my A6 using OBDEleven long coding under 5F but when I open it up there are no description as to what each bit is related to. Without knowing the description I cannot tell what each bit does.

Does someone or has someone tried this? Would you be able to share the info on what each bit refers to please? Or which bit I need to enable please?

Currently mine shows the following hex (bytes):
01 01 00 00 01 41 DB 47 08 2B 06 03 01 01 00 00 00 00

As I said when I move along there is no description given to bits so cannot tell what am enabling.

Kind regards

Jay

From your other posts you only have the RMC version of MMI and therefore there is no hotspot function available. Where the car has the Tech Pack Audi only allow devices to hotspot to the car where the car has a data connection either via an attached (Android) phone that supports rSAP or via a SIM fitted to the car (or in the case of the latest cars which have an embedded SIM for Audi Connect a data plan purchased for that SIM from Audi

Hi elan2s,

thank you for your continuous support. I noticed there are posts around where they say to enable hotspot in the car even if you don’t have a SIM card slot. My phone does support rSAP but how do I enable it in the car. I even bought a wireless SD card (ezshare) which I was hoping, once I enable the hotspot feature in the car using OBDEleven, could connect the SD card, bring car closer to my home to get wireless and possibly connect it? Or perhaps connect to my phone.

with this post, my query was mainly about OBDElven and its long coding which currently doesn’t show details on per bit I order to enable or disable features.

kind regards

Jay

Appreciate you were after the relevant coding but my point was that the RMC version of the MMI system does not have hotspot functionality, that only came with the hard disk version (MMI Plus) that came with the tech pack option.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk