Anyone knows how to disassemble fuel tank flap - slap ? :D

Attachments

• IMG_20210806_173820.jpg
    IMG_20210806_173820.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 152
At last I found it how to do it.. pretty drastic way.. it needs new part
The guy is hilarious :D

Reactions: DJAlix
I managed to remove the black surround without breaking it.. used a plastic trim tool to go under the lip of the surround to click it out.. no damage

Show us how
I can't demonstrate now..

check link

This trim tool...
Screenshot 20210821 155506 comandroidchrome edit 41755361693107

Where the marked Tabs are as in the video, the clips are behind there... Try to catch the soft lip of the surround and then go straight backwards to get under the hard/ish part of surround, just enough to then tilt outwards... Do not pull if you get one clip released, just work all around with the trim tool...

I can't demonstrate now..

check link

This trim tool...
View attachment 241739

Where the marked Tabs are as in the video, the clips are behind there... Try to catch the soft lip of the surround and then go straight backwards to get under the hard/ish part of surround, just enough to then tilt outwards... Do not pull if you get one clip released, just work all around with the trim tool...
Ok thanks
I can open lid by pressing unlock on remote twice, just I wanna fix it that it won't show in VCDS. Probably intermittent short on motor.. When I reset codes it disappears but after few days reappear .

Ok thanks
I can open lid by pressing unlock on remote twice, just I wanna fix it that it won't show in VCDS. Probably intermittent short on motor.. When I reset codes it disappears but after few days reappear .
I had similar issue first then one day it won't open..after clicking lock/unlock loads of times It opened again... So i sprayed some WD40 and it was fine few times after that when I was simply testing it.. then same issue... You best change actuator motor whilst it opens.. i have changed it now and it is unlocked at all times as long as car is unlocked, or On, even the lock switch inside door doesn't lock it! And for my car I have set it to Unlock Driver door only!
Just like U I had started to think that I need double click on unlock to open it, then it was like No I need 4 clicks and so on until I changed it lol

Known design weakness.

Absolutely change it now whilst it still works intermittently. The emergency release cable rarely works if it has seized - it may work if the actuator fails but not if it has seized.

If going down the lubrication route I’d suggest a tiny amount of silicone lubricant (same stuff as for curtain runners) over WD40

The replacement rubber surround for the fuel pipe and drain hole includes a stencil ready for AdBlue/LPG tube cutout - it’s just the way the replacements are designed.

Reactions: ZeA38VSport
Is dis correct one ?

Yes.. correct part number
But I queried with AudiPartsDirect, see their prices at the time and item part numbers below. However I ended up buying from Local Audi, actuator Only at the end and it was even cheaper than this but I don't remember the price, few quid less.
Screenshot 20210822 095312 comandroidchrome edit 83109603018046