How to get metal accelerator pedal on?

CanadaA3wales

Canadian living in South Wales - Audi A3 8V 150BHP
Reaction score
Hey
I managed to get the clutch and brake pedal on with no problem but the accelerator will not go on.

I tried to soak it in hot water but the rubber is too hard. I also rubbed some fairy around the edges but it still wont clip on.

I tried to get to get something behind it to bend the rubber onto the pedal, but there is nothing that will do this, even my trim removal set.

The only way I can think of doing this is removing the actual pedal.

Is this a easy job? as it looks like its connected to a bunch of wires or something up top, but also looks like it clips on to a top part.

Whats your thoughts on this?

Oh also they are from Audi so they are not cheap chinese knock off's

Last edited:
Oh OK, will take a picture tomorrow.
It doesnt look like an easy job looking at some youtube videos, but they were not A3 they were S3

I am wondering if I should try Vaseline, that may slip it into place, maybe fairy is not slippery enough

When I put mine on I experienced a similar problem.

Put some fairy liquid on your finger then run your finger around the rim of the plastic on the back of the new aluminium pedal. It will then slide on easily!

Excuse the double enendre :whistle2:

I seem to remember the top fitted on easily and it was the bottom part that needed the fairy liquid as was particularly tight.

Reactions: Jassyo06
Yeah the top slid in nice and easy, but the sides were really tight :eggplant: :fearscream:
I think some better lube may help with my situation

When I done mine I removed the pedal and it was much easier.
1 bolt to remove and disconnect the multi plug. As said fairy liquid and small bladed screwdriver

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Do you know which plug I need to remove? Is there electrics I need to worry about?
I couldn't see a guide online on how to remove the pedal.

Do you know which plug I need to remove? Is there electrics I need to worry about?
I couldn't see a guide online on how to remove the pedal.

Use a flashlight and you’ll see a torx screw on the base of throttle pedal, undo and lift away. There is only one plug, remove it no worries about causing electrical issues

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Vaseline worked a treat.
Just put the left side in and then stepped on the pedal until it hit the floor and gave some pressure and it just popped in.
Thanks all for your help

Reactions: rvtb101 and Alan66
I used a hot air gun to warm up the plastic. Along with some washing up liquid, it eventually clipped on with a bit of manipulation.

I used nothing. There's a certain way to fitting them. I watched a youtube video that shows it. It was not easy and I swore like a sailor but managed to make the job done.