How to fix cigarette lighter...

Steph09

Reaction score
I generally use my cigarette lighter for charging my dash cam and phone. Went to plug in the dash can this morning and it had no power. Car is Audi A3 sport back 1.6tdi. The red light around it is still illuminating so not sure if it's the fuse? I've had a look in it and can't see anything wedged in there... any ideas on how to fix it before I ask a professional who will likely rip me off? I will try changing the fuse but if that doesn't work what else?

I'm sure it will be the fuse end of the dash board behind the cover

Reactions: Steph09
Now if it is the fuse start to ask yourself the question what made the fuse blow and try get to the root as it could be something else the next time which could be related to the wire that feeds the lighter. Just food for thought

Reactions: Steph09
Now if it is the fuse start to ask yourself the question what made the fuse blow and try get to the root as it could be something else the next time which could be related to the wire that feeds the lighter. Just food for thought
When I got back in the car earlier I noticed the charger to the dash cam was broken, the part that goes into the cigarette lighter was in pieces so it is most likely that I'd imagine?

More than likely that's what caused it

Open drivers door and remove cover end of the dash as stated by LEE69

Fuse number will be shown on the back of the cover.

When I got back in the car earlier I noticed the charger to the dash cam was broken, the part that goes into the cigarette lighter was in pieces so it is most likely that I'd imagine?
Wire dash cam into fuse box. I did with mines more secure than using cig lighter

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk