How to fit s3 3 aluminium pedals into a3 8p

tdicustom

Reaction score
Ok so I know there are lots of people asking how to fit these pedals, so I thought I would go through everything as I have just put them on mine this morning.

What you will need:
Sturdy flat headed screw driver, T 35 key or socket, small flat headed screw driver and patience lol...

First of all on your new pedals you will have rubber locators on the backs of the brake and clutch pedals. The pedal with the two prong type rubber things on the back is for the clutch and the one with the oval rubber bit is the brake, obviously the other one is the accelerator...

Let's start with the clutch pedal first...

Starting from the bottom left hand corner underneath the bottom of the pedal, pull the rubber cover upwards while working round towards the right hand side. Once free you can just pull the old cover off or simply use the screw driver as leverage to get the two rubber locators out the holes. It takes around 30 seconds if that and the old one is off.

The brake pedal...

exactly the same procedure as above however instead of the two rubber locators there is one over shaped one in the centre.

The accelerator pedal...

I'm not going to lie, it is a bit of a bitch to do however I will explain in detail how to take it off..

First thing to remove is the multi - plug at the back of the pedal, take a small flat headed screw driver and push down the white release button while pulling the plug back towards the front to the car. I tried for 20 minutes trying to push it down with my finger instead of using the screw driver which took literally 2 seconds and saved me wrapping my knuckles again...

Once this is removed take the small flat screw driver and remove round cap on the left hand side of the base of the pedal revealing the torx headed bolt. Undo this bolt and put to one side.

The last thing to do now is the two clips holding the base plate to the floor

You will notice two small notches out of the base pedal which show the location of these two clips.

Starting with the one on the left use your sturdy flat head and push it in this Grove, you need to be quite firm with these clips however, while this is pushed in, use a trim removal tool or another screw driver to Jimmy this side up. You will hear it click out of place.

The final step is the last floor clip on the right. Leaving one screw driver in the left hand side to stop in clucking back in. This clip requires to be pushed to the left to be released. Do be firm with it and give it a wiggle. It will come out.

Once out it onto the refitting of the new ones which will take you around 2 minutes lol...

Accelerator pedal

Simply click the two floor clips in first, suppressing the take no effort to get them in, re fit the torx nut and then plug the multiplug into the back. (At this stage turn on your car and make sure the pedal works).

If all is well simply refit the bolt cover. One down two to go...

The clutch and brake pedals have a recess so have the new pedal cover tilted slightly so that the bottom of the pedal fits into the recess then push down making sure you fit the locators in securely.

Do this one more time and your done. Sit back and enjoy the transformation.

I tried to take some pictures but I lost my loaf doing the accelerator pedal and forgot to do the end part however, I wrote the guide this way so you cannot go wrong.